R

raden238

There's already stuff coming out about Kamen Rider's 50th anniversary. There's a special logo, a new project for an old series, a lot of rumours circulating that at least some of the Zi-O crew have been signed up for something else, etc. There's not been any sign of anything similar happening for Sentai.

I've also seen some speculation that this is essentially a "do over" season seeing as the pandemic lockdown kneecapped toy sales for Kiramager. I don't think that's likely either - these shows start being planned over a year in advance so this would have been in motion before COVID was a thing in Japan.

What's the new project and for which Rider series?

I can see how Kirameiger's toyline was crippled by COVID but we are definitely getting a powered-up form for them and at least one more mecha for the fall line which coincides which what the standard Sentai toyline has been like. If anything I'm sure fans are ok to have one year where Sentai isn't pumping out merch like crazy and we're back to a more relaxed release.

I can see Zenkaiger being a time-travel like Sentai similar to Zi-O, where they have to go on missions to the past because the villains' main objective is to warp past events for the future. Not to mention, the Gokaiger cast are all still open to acting, and I just don't see how Toei won't do another crossover like in Zyuohger, gives them a reason to release more Premium Bandai merch with Rangers Key.

eohaj35uuaen29w_orig.jpg
The official Kirameiger twitter account has announced the "Super Sentai Movie Ranger" -which it describes as a film festival featuring three movies (I think they mean it's three short films being shown as a triple feature). One features the Ryusoulgers, one features Kirameiger, and the final one will feature the Zenkaigers.

This will premier on February 20th, and they are advertising this as being before the Zenkaigers' series begins (so no returning to February starts for Sentai just yet).

Presumably the silhouette in the center is of the new red ranger. Or perhaps it's V3 lol?

Last edited:
Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
The high up collar is pretty 70s (and is that a cape on the shoulders?), next we'll get a disco ball based attack. And then Doc will give it a 1/5. 😜 I kid I kid.

R

raden238

Very Showa-esqe Goranger/Kamen Rider design. Looks like Toei is going back to basics for Zenkaiger!

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I guess that definitely means those designs from a month or so back weren't the Zenkaigers. They looked pretty good, too.

D

Dr Kain

I really hope Toei decides to release an updated version of their SS Encyclopedia as I would love to go beyond Gokaiger like the one i have here:

61jauaS0uAL.jpg

R

raden238

Is he suppose to be the Zenkaiger leader the white ranger? The visor is straight-up Akaranger with a bit of Big One inspired look with the white and rainbow on the chest. But overall it reminds me of Kamen Rider Mach and just something more towards Kamen Rider.

D

Dr Kain

Is he suppose to be the Zenkaiger leader the white ranger? The visor is straight-up Akaranger with a bit of Big One inspired look with the white and rainbow on the chest. But overall it reminds me of Kamen Rider Mach and just something more towards Kamen Rider.

There was a rumor circling that there would be a Zenkaiger would looked like a cross between Aka Ranger and Big One.

R

raden238

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOUR FIRST LOOK AT THE 45TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SENTAI SERIES: KIKAKI SENTAI ZEKAIGER!!!!!

image_2020-12-18_030359.png

The team members will be comprised of robots, they will be based on past Super Sentai mechas, and they are Zenkaizyuran (Red/Daizyujin), Zenkaigaon (Yellow/Gaoking), Zenkaivroon (Blue/Daibouken), and Zenkaimagin (Pink/Magiking) with Zenkaiser the only human member in the team.

My Thoughts:
This is really interesting. I already read the rumors about the robot rangers and they look nice. I just wish the designs weren't that obvious homages to the past sentai robos. But I love it!!! Toei finally doing something really different. 1 human host and 4 robot rangers! The collectibles are medals/coins this year. But overall its about time Sentai tries something different after 44 years! Definitely tuning it to watch!!!