2020 Super Task Force Series Confirmed - Majin Sentai Kirameiger

So does anyone know how many episodes are left of this and 01 before they have to go on break?
Today's (May 10th) episodes are the last new episode for at least three weeks.

Kiramager's currently announced schedule is:
May 17th - first TV airing of episode zero.
May 24th - director's cut version of episode one.
May 31st - director's cut version of episode two.

They have not yet announced what will happen in June, but there's no set date for filming to resume so I'd expect more announcements in the future.

Zero-One is not airing new episodes for the rest of this month either. I've put their plans in that show's thread.

Two bits of news. The first is Kiramei Silver's actor tweeted in support of BLM. See the episode 20 image if you want to see, because I can't post screenshots in news threads(?).

giphy.gif

Next up is the more show-related bit of news - new forms are on the way!

kiramai-sept-03_orig.jpg
On the right you can see the Kiraful Go Arrow, which had three functions. Obviously they can use it as a weapon, but it also has the ability to summon the phoenix armor to change the core five rangers into the Go Kirameigers. Finally it also has the ability to summon a new mech called Grateful Phoenix.

This will be the first time since Go-Busters that the entire core team will get an armour power-up (as opposed to, say, ToQger's hyper ressha which only one person could use at a time) and the first time since Goseiger that the armour is identical for every team member.

kiramai-sept-07_orig.jpg

D

Dr Kain

Toy sales reports are out and to no surprise, they're terrible. Apparently the worst yet, which isn't surprising since every show's toy sales are worse than the previous year's.

Why? I doubt a foreigner would really know what's actually going on in the US right now, and social media nonsense about it actually makes you dumber on the subject, not smarter.
BLM is an international thing. There have been protests in various countries, including in Japan. And that 17 year old terrorist gunning people down has made news around the world.
Toy sales reports are out and to no surprise, they're terrible. Apparently the worst yet, which isn't surprising since every show's toy sales are worse than the previous year's.
IIRC Ryusoulger had better sales than Lupin vs Pat, which is currently the worst selling series. But yes, from what I saw mentioned on twitter, Kirameiger's sales in sixth months are about where LuPat was after just three. Sentai sales are normally strongest at the start and trail off as the year goes on, so it seems very likely that Kiramaiger will take LuPat's dubious "title."

The question is whether or not they just put it down to the pandemic kneecapping toy sales in general during the show's first quarter and call it a do-over, or whether they put it down to Kirameiger doing something wrong.

Of course, it's summoned the tinfoil-hat brigade, who are all too ready to proclaim that Sentai is going to get cancelled. Personally, I'm still expecting another trademark reveal in a couple of months lol.

Last edited:
R

raden238

I guess its Dinosaurs again next year 🤣

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I attempted to watch a couple episodes of Kirameiger last week & I really think that, for the most part, Sentai just isn't my cup of tea. I think Kirameiger has got a great, irreverent sense of humor.

In the end, (and I'm loathe to say this, fearing Toei will want to dumb down Rider to save Sentai, assuming there is a real problem) I think the reason is simple. Rider feels more adult than Sentai & kids hate feeling like they're a little kid, so even they're embarrassed to watch it or admit that they like it for long.

Several years ago, I got my 3 year old goddaughter into Lost Galaxy, which she almost immediately fell in love with, got super invested & wanted to start watching Dino Charge on TV to. Within a day, she was running around the room telling people what Megazords were, she fell over laughing every time Trakeena came on screen &... apparently learned the word explode for the first time. But, her dad didn't want to sit around watching it all day, and kept openly disparaging it every time he caught her watching it & a week later, she went from loving it to completely hating it & having an extremely difficult time taking it seriously. I couldn't even get her to watch Time Force.

Anyway, wierd tangent over-- despite how I feel, I don't want Sentai to change into something it's not, though. We already have a Kamen Rider. But, so far, I've only seen Dairanger & Kakuranger in their entirety, plus a few episodes here & there of Gekiranger, Goseiger, Gobusters & Kirameiger. I only really liked Kakuranger. The rest just shove a lot of randomness in your face right off the bat that you either go with or you don't, the characters are disturbingly happy (and apparently, no one liked the result the last time they weren't-- Gobusters) & there usually isn't much plot to fall back on. But, I was rolling with the Rugby Maskman's evil plan to force random people to play rugby against their wills with an exploding ball, though. Also the monsters growing through an Evil Reimbursement Program.

D

Dr Kain

Kiramager is a breath of fresh air after the last 9 shows of dogshit. It's not perfect, but it feels like a mid-2000s series as opposed to a post-Gokaiger one. We've had more development from Garza alone in 19 episodes than every villain from Zyuohger onward combined. He's had a lot of presence on screen the way Zamigo should have in LvsP. I also love how the MotW are back to basics ala Gorenger while also having individual personalities, something the mindless dolts of Ryusoulger lacked.

And that 17 year old terrorist gunning people down has made news around the world.

Hence you proved my point about social media.

In the end, (and I'm loathe to say this, fearing Toei will want to dumb down Rider to save Sentai, assuming there is a real problem) I think the reason is simple. Rider feels more adult than Sentai & kids hate feeling like they're a little kid, so even they're embarrassed to watch it or admit that they like it for long.]

I would agree with that argument if this was still early Heisei, as in Kuuga-Hibiki. Rider has been incredibly dumbed down over the years. Comparing Phase 2 Heisei and Zero-One to Kuuga or Agito is proof enough.

But, so far, I've only seen Dairanger & Kakuranger in their entirety, plus a few episodes here & there of Gekiranger, Goseiger, Gobusters & Kirameiger. I only really liked Kakuranger. The rest just shove a lot of randomness in your face right off the bat that you either go with or you don't, the characters are disturbingly happy (and apparently, no one liked the result the last time they weren't-- Gobusters) & there usually isn't much plot to fall back on.

Dairanger is great, albeit its first ten or so episodes are odd. You should try more 80s and 90s Sentais: basically anything between Dynaman and Gaoranger, but especially Flashman, Liveman, Jetman, Megaranger, GoGoV and Timeranger.

Last edited:
R

raden238

In the end, (and I'm loathe to say this, fearing Toei will want to dumb down Rider to save Sentai, assuming there is a real problem) I think the reason is simple. Rider feels more adult than Sentai & kids hate feeling like they're a little kid, so even they're embarrassed to watch it or admit that they like it for long.

Its been happening for several years now. The last series that really took itself seriously was Decade. Which also happened to have a protagonist without the typical overly happy nice guy trope. Gaim too but even then had some goofy comedic moments. I'm not sure if Power Rangers or the West is slowly playing a role into Japanese children shows, but Rider and Sentai have both been pretty tame for the past 10 years. The reason why most people feels Rider is more adult is because it has a drama/mystery element throughout. There is actually a story to be told, compared to Sentai where its just evil group arrives, good group arrives and we fight for a year.