2020 Super Task Force Series Confirmed - Majin Sentai Kirameiger

We have the new series confirmed by Toei Trade Mark.

Details added upon confirmation. No rumors please.

We have the new series confirmed by Toei Trade Mark.

Details added upon confirmation. No rumors please.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Can anyone confirm how real possibility of Sentai's cancellation was?

Link to the trademark bot for those that want a peak.

The general consensus so far seems to be that it's not 'Majin' but 'Mashin'. A literal reading would be something like "demon advancement", or it could just be the English word 'Machine'. It's apparently the exact same kanji that were used for the "Machine" in "Machine Chaser" (because of course the robot that went around calling itself a death god had a punny name that contained "demon" within it).

'Kiramei', on the other hand, supposedly means 'to sparkle or twinkle'. So maybe they're going for a "shining ranger" kind of read on it?

So some sort of demon-slaying Sentai? Or do they use mecha that are possessed by yokai? It seems to be going in some sort of magic-y direction. Or maybe it's another curve ball and the name's meant to be something more like "speed demons"?

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm how real possibility of Sentai's cancellation was?

Either it was and is a possibility, and Ryusoulger just barely saved it, or Toei still wants to make another go at it despite another poor year.

Frankly I do kinda wish Sentai would call it quits, or at the very least continue on in movies and specials rather than a full-length yearly TV show. There's no shame in that; it's had a long run. And there are still ways to make money off of the brand, I'm sure.

Well Saban makes 40 over 2 series to adapt 1 from Toei so even if Super Task Force ends Hasbro has 14 years to adapt the shows that got missed being 7 series.

R

raden238

I guess Ryusoulger's toy sales bailed Sentai. I honestly wouldn't have mind if Sentai took a hiatus. Its incredible how for 40 consecutive years, we have gotten new heroes, new villains, new stuff every single year without a break. I'm not going to speculate on the new Sentai, from the past we've seen too many lost in translation and puns on what the title is. No whatever the motif is, my feelings still stay the same. Bring back the classic elements, tone down on the collectiables, wrist-watch changers, simpler mecha designs.

II can only hope that it will be a success. Even if it isn't, it might have a Power Rangers counterpart sometime in the future. ;)

S

scikaiju

Merged these two threads too, we don't need two yhreads for the same subject.