2020 Super Task Force Series Confirmed - Majin Sentai Kirameiger

D

Dr Kain

What a weird comparison.
GeGeGe no Kitaro about three decades older than Pokemon.

Well everyone was comparing Youkai Watch to Pokemon. Plus, as I clearly said, I never heard of GeGeGe no Kitaro, so how was I supposed to know it was older?

Never saw Yo Kai Watch but started Pokemon (Pocket Monsters ) on DVD. I may need to buy Advance next year.

Well everyone was comparing Youkai Watch to Pokemon. Plus, as I clearly said, I never heard of GeGeGe no Kitaro, so how was I supposed to know it was older?

...Google. :cool:
And yes, GeGeGe no Kitaro is "serious". It doesn't present monsters in a collectible fashion, and it's not used to promote some gimmicky toyline or anything. Outside of a very slight cartoonish depiction, the yokai in that anime typically tent to stay very true to their stories of origin. Any changes to their depiction are usually to make them fit in with a more modern setting, or maybe to provide social commentary on what's going on in Japan right now. In fact, the franchise is considered an all-time classic by Japanese standards; right on up there with Mazinger Z, Space Battleship Yamato, Lupin III, and Doraemon just to name a few.

ekoskdvwsaa53b_orig.jpg

A first silhouette, courtesy of Televi-kun. So, shoulder pads, armlets and bracelets? These mages could be very shiny indeed lol.

The mag teased that they will be unveiled soon. Whether that is in the next issue (out on December 26th) or in early January is not yet known.

kiramager-2020_orig.jpg
The first magazine scan to feature the Kirameigers helmets has come out. Their foreheads appear to be translucent with glitter inside.

I'm not sure if that rectangle on red's forehead is meant to be censoring something? It kinda looks like there's some sort of design inside the transparent foreheads of the others, but it could equally just be reflections?

Also, the outline of pink's visor is very typical for a bird-themed ranger. So maybe there is still meant to be some animal motive in these designs too?

Edit: Also worth pointing out that you can see some of the other four's shoulder pads and possibly yellow and green showing circular wrist changers?

Last edited:
"KirameiRed, Blue" etc. is not a snappy name, on top of being yet another uninspired "team name-color". Even if they wanted to stick to that, "MashinRed, etc." sounds better.

Strangely, we've heard there would be animal mechas, but the helmets seem to have small headlights above the visors.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
There's a new Wataru anime coming in spring so they can't really be throwing the term Mashin around without confusion ensuing. Pic related.

F1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.jpg

Now I know what a few of you might be thinking "Wait, Wataru is getting a new season?" and the answer is YUP!

Kill la Kill had zero chance of saving animation since Trigger overthrew CLAMP for biggest contributor of low quality in the industry, but now anime, especially mecha, needs a savior and who better than the franchise that made isekai popular from the late 80s to mid 90s? I say all this as someone that acknowledges Ryu Knight is the best super deformed mecha. And now we have a Sentai series that coincides with that, also saving toku from- Actually how is Ryusoulger? I haven't seen it.