Do_snG3UcAEuQPB.jpg-large.jpg

The trademark bot strikes again! It's just posted a newly registered trademark that supposedly translates as 'Kishiryū Sentai Ryūsouger'!

'Kishiryū' seems to be a combination of the words for "knight" and "dragon", so it looks like Sentai will be headed in a more medieval direction this coming February!

Obvious reference joke is obvious.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

All I can seem to pronounce in my head right now is Ryu Soldier rather than Soujer.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, people on rangerboard have been trying to translate Ryuusou & ended up with "Rice Dumplings" & "Dragon Transport." The only thing that would jump out at me with my limited Japanese is "Dragon, huh?" from the "A, sou" saying. So, I guess it must be about Knight-themed sentai who work out of a restaurant & have vaguely dragon-ish delivery vehicle mecha. lol

Well, people on rangerboard have been trying to translate Ryuusou & ended up with "Rice Dumplings" & "Dragon Transport." The only thing that would jump out at me with my limited Japanese is "Dragon, huh?" from the "A, sou" saying. So, I guess it must be about Knight-themed sentai who work out of a restaurant & have vaguely dragon-ish delivery vehicle mecha. lol
I saw suggestions on twiter that the "sou" part could be the character for a monk/priest or perhaps "armament". The last one makes the most sense to me, particularly if they get armour upgrades.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, I actually just read through the last 20 pages of this conversation on Rangerboard & it's kind of all over the place. Right now, they're saying dinosaur battleships with musical instruments somehow involved and an attempt to rip off Kyoryuuger as much as humanly possible. I will say though, that the Dinosaur rumor came in from someone claiming that there will be a Pink Ranger with some sort of Ketsaru Mecha and jumped straight to the Pterosaur species Quetzalcoatlus, yet no one seems to have remembered that it's namesake is the Aztec Dragon god Quetzalcoatl. I have no clue where Battleships came in, unless people are just assuming there will be rampant easter egg links to the Yamato Imperial Family, given that this year is an Emperor changeover.

I really do hope they've gotten a good amount of research done with the dragons, assuming they do go that route. There's a lot more to choose from than people would think:
Classic European Dragon, Classic Asian Dragon, Wyvern (two legged with wings, no forearms), Salamander (no wings, lives underground), Cockatrice, Sirrush (dinosaur-like thing that guards over Babylon gates), Roman Dragon (snake-like with forearms only & wings), Ice Dragon, Quetzalcoatl (feather necked serpent), Unkcegila (snake-like, lives underground, red jewel in forehead), River Wolf (pretty much the Lake Champlain Monster), Sea Serpent-- these all just being from the cultures that I'm aware of. I don't know much about African, South Asian/ Pacific Islander or South American mythology.

D

Dr Kain

I think you are forgetting how little effort Toei even bothers with these days with Sentai. They've now had two perfectly great concepts in a row that had massive potential, only to squander it by staying in a safe zone.

Mad Skillz
And that safe zone hasn't been paying off at all. LuPato will undoubtedly be the lowest earning Sentai line to date, making four years in a row of underperforming shows. They really need to go all out and do something different beyond cast size.

D

Dr Kain

It didn't work out for them in the 80s either, hence why I have repeatedly said Toei needs a modern day Noboru Sugimura to helm the franchise into uncharted territory and experimentation. Get someone like Keita Amemiya, Shusuke Kaneko, Gen Urobutchi, or even Hiroyuki Imaishi to do a series or two.

BTW, rumors are circling that the show is going to be dinosaur themed rather than dragon themed. If true, that's pretty lame, especially when they had already pulled that **** with its name and Abaranger was dinosaur based.