In fairness, there has been some variance in alien villains in recent years. Jark Matter in Kyuranger had already conquered the universe, the Deathgaliens (probably the most unique Sentai villains in a while, despite their otherwise blandness) in Zyuohger were just hunting people for sport, and Deboss were continually being revived on Earth despite coming from space. These Druidon seem like the Baranoia from Ohranger, originating on Earth, leaving and coming back.

D

Dr Kain

These Druidon seem like the Baranoia from Ohranger, originating on Earth, leaving and coming back.

Whoa, that's exactly what I was thinking. They're a tribe like Gorma, but they fled out into space like Bacchuswrath did.

Being a tribe isn't that big a thing, it's happened often enough. But leaving Earth and coming back is something we haven't seen since Ohranger.

I'd gladly take the "tribe that left earth" trope or even the "tribe that mysteriously vanished then came back" trope over the straight-up space alien trope. I just don't aliens to become the traditional enemies of all future Dino-themed Sentai. Granted, it hasn't happened that often if you're going purely by Sentai standards. So far it's only happened in Kyoryuger. But ZyuRanger gets a little bit of this simply because of its association with MMPR. And if Bandora and her crew made monsters on the planet Nemesis, do they technically count as space aliens or not?

Try not to drool too much over this picture:

9.jpg

This is Gaisoulg. He is a purple dinosaur-themed knight who uses a similar weapons to the Ryusoulgers. He is voiced by Tomokazu Seki, who previously narrated Gokaiger along with voicing the Mobirates in the same series. He was also the voice of Glen Fire in the Ultraman franchise.

Toei are currently just describing him as someone "wrapped in mystery" who is appearing in the 'Strongest Battle' special, but pretty much everyone is guessing that he's going to be a Wolzard-style evil ranger in Ryusoulger. The Ryusoulgers themselves will be making an early cameo in the special so it would fit in with that.

I've seen it speculated that Gaizorg may be an animated Ryusoul, which he does resemble. Yet somehow he also kind of looks like villains from those indie shows about local heroes.

D

Dr Kain

Don't forget Seki was also Prince Buldont in Ohranger and Bibidebi in Mega. Oh, and in anime, he is Van Fanel in Escaflowne, Gilgamesh in Fate series, Kyo Soma in Fruits Basket, Sousuke Sagara in Full Metal Panic, Rob Lucci in One Piece, and Kogami in Psycho Pass.

Anyway, the character itself looks a lot like Wolzard.

R

raden238

He reminds me of Kamen Rider Knight. As Black Fang stated Gaisoulg looks like a Ryusoul come to life. Which he does, maybe he plays a bigger role beyond this 4 week special.

D

Dr Kain

I like how agile the mech is. I wonder how long that will last.