D

Dr Kain

It's cool, we were going to watch it anyway since the show was damn good, and it's kind of needed to conclude the show, I just wanted to clarify that was what they had subbed.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Ok... Um, I just watched the Genm/ Zero-One special & the first Others V Cinema film, & I think they just imploded the Zero-One universe.

So, in the Genm special, Gai Amatsu is trying to create a new startup company behind Zaia & Hiden's back when he is infected with the Bugster Virus, which takes the forms of Dan Kuroto & his father, saying that they were summoned & revived by Ark. Nothing really ends up happening, but the Thouser powers turn black (Kuroto says that it's a side effect of Bugster Viral infection) & everyone acts like Ex-Aid & Zero-One take place in the same universe. The issue with this is that, Ex-Aid was only 3 years before Zero-One, but no one in the show seems to know about the Bugster Virus, though the info is readily available to a Humagear. Also, Dan Kuroto doesn't know what a Humagear even is, when we know they were around in this universe at least 10 years before the show, due to Aruto's & Fuwa's flashbacks. So, this would have to mean that Ex-Aid is 40-50 years before Zero-One (Gai is in his 40s), when we know it's not because of the Zi-O crossovers with both.

I would say that this special is entirely irrelevant & pointless, but in the Others: Metsuboujinrai special, the villain takes the form of a black Thouser, then Gai specifically confronts him early on in the movie to ask why the man took his driver. As best as I can guess, this would have to mean that the special is canon. That being said, although the villain in the Others movie has the exact same armor & driver, he uses different Progress Keys to Henshin & calls himself Kamen Rider Zaia, instead of Thouser. I am deeply confused.

Last edited:
An update that we missed about the Shout Factory Rider releases came out two days ago, which we missed. Only Zero-One is getting a DVD, but they will presumably drop at about the same time & they are trying to get both done, so they can do so. Came through the TokuSHOUTsu Twitter, though it was a bit difficult to make sense of (probably because I'm not on Twitter.)

They brought all this up about why it's taking so long in a post, someone asked if Ryuki was getting a DVD & they replied "Only Zero-One." I guess this one set is the test.

D

Dr Kain

Zero-One will be Blu-Ray and DVD.

However, yes, Shout! said this morning (or maybe last night) that the sales of Zero-One will determine if they release any others on video.

We seem to have missed this, but Shout Factory sneakily got the RealxEyes movie dubbed & is having a premiere event at an upcoming con. They say it will premiere, streaming alongside the Zero-One series, but haven't given a definitive release date so far, only saying it'll definitely be in 2022.

I also thought Kuuga was out already, but they apparently just started streaming it three days ago.

D

Dr Kain

It's finally happening!!

Shout! Factory is bringing Kamen Rider Zero-One to America on Blu-Ray in January