Like would they try and cut the series short just to retain their current release schedule or we'll be seeing another W situation where the release date is shifted now?
It's kind of difficult to tell what will happen tbh. The trademarks for Zi-O and Zero One were both registered in May, so normally I'd have assumed we'd be getting one for the next show very soon. But before that Rider trademarks usually came out in June, so not having a trademark before the end of the month doesn't necessarily mean there's been a delay.

They had intended from the beginning that Decade would have a shorter run so that W could start in the same year. Before they did that, new Rider and Sentai shows began around the same time and they were worried that they might be stealing sales from each other. And yes, knowing this does make Decade's cliffhanger ending seem even more bizarre.

A news article has been posted on Yahoo Japan (see here) which seems to claim that filming on Kamen Rider 01 will resume on the 28th May, albeit with extra precautions (face masks, minimum numbers of both cast and crew, taking everyone's temperature multiple times per day, etc). It doesn't mention Sentai, but says that it is expected that other shows will gradually resume again from the beginning of June. Nor does it give any estimate as to when that will translate into new episodes airing.

D

Dr Kain

So new episodes will probably start up at the end of June since they're usually what, 4 weeks out?

31864-10157684118119862-6098800732222259200-n_orig.jpg
111954-10157684118419862-614614531636723712-n_orig.jpg
ey-ab1bumaasjuf_orig.jpg

So TV Magazine has revealed that Aruto will be getting a new form...Kamen Rider 02 ! The Zero Two Driver Unit appears to attach over the front of the Zero One Driver, which will also have a Zero Two Progrise Key inserted into it.

Given how late we are into the series, the obvious assumption is that this must be his ultimate form, but who knows for sure with all the disruption that's been going on?
So new episodes will probably start up at the end of June since they're usually what, 4 weeks out?
Sure enough, this news report indicates that they are hoping they can resume broadcast in late June.

D

Dr Kain

Another form? That is the biggest issue I have with Zero-One, he has way too many upgrades. Well... that and Thouser has now become everyone's *****. The only thing he is good for at this point is making everyone a sandwich.

R

raden238

I like Zero-One's final form Zero-Two. Nice homage to Nigo with the red scarf. It's sleek and most importantly not some bulky, jumbled mix of bits and pieces glued together on a suit. Which is nice change over the recent years.

I would say this is the final form. Shinning Assault Hopper is the super form before the midseason and Metal Cluster is the midseason super form. I think the pandemic delayed the show for about a month, so it hasn't made a big dent in the toy release schedule, which might be why they already showed this form. Not to mention if things were normal, the magazine scans would have shown this earlier around this time of the month.

The Tokusatsu Network has posted a news item saying that the resumption of filming on Zero-One will be Monday 1st June, not this week.
I like Zero-One's final form Zero-Two. Nice homage to Nigo with the red scarf. It's sleek and most importantly not some bulky, jumbled mix of bits and pieces glued together on a suit. Which is nice change over the recent years.

I would say this is the final form. Shinning Assault Hopper is the super form before the midseason and Metal Cluster is the midseason super form. I think the pandemic delayed the show for about a month, so it hasn't made a big dent in the toy release schedule, which might be why they already showed this form. Not to mention if things were normal, the magazine scans would have shown this earlier around this time of the month.
Yeah, the red collar reminiscent of a scarf, along with the white stripe on the outside of each arm and red gloves, it's all very Rider #2. I've seen a lot of people on social media saying it's too similar to the base form, but I'd prefer that over some bulky thing with every single ProgRise Key glued onto it.

Also, I guess it kinda fits in with Aruto's "dad" having a form based upon Rider #1 (even if that 'Reiwa The First Generation' film has such a nonesense plot that I'm not even sure whether Soreo Hiden became a Rider or not in the normal timeline).

If there hadn't been a stop to new episodes, we'd already be on episode 37. Final forms usually debut around the 39-41 mark, so chances are Zero-One's final form would originally have debuted in June. These photos come from the June edition of the magazine. So it makes sense to me for it to be the final form. I've seen some people claiming it's for the summer movie, but those would normally be in July's magazine (and I don't know if the summer movie has been rescheduled?). I've even seen some people say it's for a Hyper Battle Video, but those feature a freebie collectable included in the magazine, not a separate toy that costs as much as the original belt.

D

Dr Kain

Apparently people are very upset with this Zero-Two form and verbally attacking the dude who showed the scans of it. Like what the **** people? SERIOUSLY?!

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Yeah, since I usually get internet from the library, I'm about 10 eps behind, at this point. But, I'll be catching up soon.

Anyway, I would think that they'll finish up the series as planned, as I'm sure that there was already a contract obligating a certain amount of episodes, but next season, they might cut short for any number of complications the pandemic caused, not necessarily just to get back on schedule. But, who really knows until we're there.

As to the 02 form, I don't mind it. But, again, the last episode I saw was the firefighter one, so I've no clue what's been happening the last 2 months.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, my guess is Zero-One already had all of its scripts done, so the episode total is locked in, but Kiramager should be fine if it only ends up being 40 episodes. IN fact, it might benefit the show in the long run.