That jingle ought to be part of the regular soundtrack, not the setup to Henshin. And what the heck was that narration at the end? Seriously, the Japanese need to be told that just because something is in a foreign language, that does not make it automatically cool or cogent.

The voice isn't too bad. But it should only be saying this: "AUTHORIZE (or PROGRISE)... RISING HOPPER"

Ok, so we've got this:

Someone also said that there's a subbed version of the trailer somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
"A Jump into the sky turns into a Rider Kick"

Shouldn't that only play when he's doing his Finisher? Or does that line denote what the form's Finisher is?

"A Jump into the sky turns into a Rider Kick"

Shouldn't that only play when he's doing his Finisher? Or does that line denote what the form's Finisher is?

It's a possibility. Shooting Wolf's unique quote is "The elevation increases as the bullet is fired."

A simple passerby...
From what I've heard of the preview of the opening theme song, I'm loving it. I still don't think the actor is right for Zero-One. Like, his voice, his mannerisms, all that just clashed with the design of the suit. Surprisingly, Valkyrie's actress seems fine enough for her role. Like she suits that role quite fine honestly, despite what gripes I have about how they framed her character "A technical advisor for A.I.M.S. with great fighting strength." She's a Rider, it's by default that she should be a great fighter. Like, why is that listed as part of her description?

So it looks like the villains have a more simple belt which looks a bit like the Ryuki Riders' ones, and they simply slide the Key into it.

Aruto's voice sounds a bit like Lupin Red, which is odd.

I like the Zero-One suit, except for the shoulder pads. They just unnaturally bulge up whenever he moves his arms. I know it's a Bandai required thing (to cover the shoulder joints on the toy figures) but it does spoil the sleek look of the suit.

I do like the subtle red detail lines on the Zero-One suit though.
The tagline for the show was "Learning completed. Initiating Progrise." Does this mean that Aruto is really an android and not a biological grandson?
Between that and the whole 'wanting to be a comedian but not having a sense of humor' thing, a lot of people are coming to that conclusion. Also, some translations of the blurb that I've seen suggest that access to the Zero Driver is dependent on being the president of Hiden Intelligence, so that could be a potential story arc where he's revealed as a HumaGear and thus stripped of both the title and his Rider powers.
The trailer is out. My hopes for early Heisei-style are somewhat dashed.
What had given you the impression they were going back to that?

I think it's going to be like another Double i.e. it's coming off the back of an anniversary season so they give the main suit more of a classic look but the show continues the general direction the franchise is going in.

I'm expecting quarterly toy intros, probably an evil dad, and a strong likelihood that some plot-lines will remain unresolved for the post-season direct-to-video special. :D
just as the last few Metal Hero shows in the 90s became Metal Sentais.
You mean Metal Robocons lol.
Is it just too much to have a belt like the Heisei phase 1 era? Less talky and just cool sounds?
The talky belts sell better than the old ones did, so Bandai's going to keep making them that way. At least for the main, kid-orientated seasons.
That aside, I like Vulcan and the way he moves. I'm not one of those who's been "dying" for a female Rider, as far as I know, most females I know don't even watch action movies
I'm not sure if 'female characters are included just to attract female viewers' is really a thing. Even if that were the case, it's more likely that they're trying to get some of the little girls who watched PreCure (which airs right before Rider) to stop turning over and keep watching, rather than attract adult women.
Anyways, from the scans, you can see Valkyrie isn't getting an upgrade like Zero-One and Vulcan is. I bet you 100% there's gonna be people screaming that Valkyrie get some kind of super form too. And, Toei might do that if she sells well.
We know she's getting the Lightning Hornet ProgRise Key, so she has at least one alternate form. Beyond that, it's whether she ends up being popular enough that they give her an unplanned additional form, as often happens with break-out secondary Riders. Possibly in a post-season special of some kind lol.
Someone also said that there's a subbed version of the trailer somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
GenmCorp fansubs have released an English subbed version of the trailer.
Well there will be barrier appear to shield him, maybe like Build pipe fence style which protect him before he insert that key.
There's always something CGI to fill that gap, whether it be Zi-O's exploding clock face, Build's pipes, Ex-Aid jumping into a game screen, or the Parka Ghosts flying around Ghost.

And as always, I'm sure it will get cut down for time pretty quickly too.
And what the heck was that narration at the end?
That would be the best part!

She's a Rider, it's by default that she should be a great fighter. Like, why is that listed as part of her description?

Because wahmin.

What had given you the impression they were going back to that?

Well gosh, since they were making such a big deal about the end of Heisei and the start of Reiwa, I would have guessed that they would at least attempt to try something different from the current Phase 2 tone.

I think it's going to be like another Double i.e. it's coming off the back of an anniversary season so they give the main suit more of a classic look but the show continues the general direction the franchise is going in.

So same ol, same ol' as Kain said? If the Ex-Aid crew is working on this, I'm fearing it'll be the worst of the Ex-Aid and not even its good parts. If that happens the only thing going for it would be better suits.

You mean Metal Robocons lol

I mean the last couple of shows in the 90s.

The talky belts sell better than the old ones did, so Bandai's going to keep making them that way. At least for the main, kid-orientated seasons.

Clearly there's no accounting for taste where Japanese kids are concerned.

That would be the best part!

I wish the "so stupid it's awesome" mentality in fandoms wasn't such a thing.

R

raden238

Ok, so we've got this:

Ughhh, of course the henshin sequence takes way too long. Too many steps and right when I thought the sounds were going to be cool, they manage to F-it up again. "A Jump to the Sky, turns to a Rider Kick." Come on Toei, is this a translation error or you just taking the piss? Just because its spoken in English, doesn't mean it automatically sounds cool. Maybe if that line was just a bonus sound on the belt or even the finishing attack sound then ok. But it's apart of the henshin, which makes it dumb. Now I don't know if I want to buy the belt anymore. Design is fine, but once again too many gimmicks for the transformation and the sounds aren't so rad.

Maybe if that line was just a bonus sound on the belt or even the finishing attack sound then ok.

You're making a good point here. A lot of the stupid sounds and catchphrases in Rider and Sentai toys nowadays would be perfectly acceptable as "toy-exclusive features"; even a lot of the useless junk in general showcased in both shows could be toy-exclusives. Power Rangers went that route for years with their toyline: not every gadget, vehicle, powerup, etc. appeared in the show itself. I really don't get why Toei hasn't done this by now: are they so frantic to make sure that the little masses actually see the catalog's wares on the TV as opposed to other media, such as, I don't know, TV-Kun?

Even the mechanics of this belt are bothering me. The flip feature of the key can't be practical to insert into the belt in a quick manner. Why not instead of a flip key, slam the card vertically down into a slot on top of the belt, do the pose, and then flip a switch or something to complete the henshin?

Yeah, I reckon this is the most likely answer. Either that or "Zero One" sounds close enough to something in Japanese that they can make a pun out of it. :rolleyes:
Actually, there is a pun here if you translate correctly. Zero-One can translate as Rei Wan, and it’s a reference to the fact that it’s the first Reiwa Rider series.