R

raden238

Looks legit to me. It's another abstract take on Kamen Rider much like Ex-Aid. He reminds of me Double and Build. Simple oval shaped head with the two antennas, got that classic simple design. But with a watch motif. I do kinda see the katakana for Kamen in his face, its pretty cool. I hope his rider belt is a just a watch, I always wanted a Rider belt like that.

I hope that watch band doesn't consume the design too much. He has a magenta color to his suit too, tribute to Decade eh?? Nice touch.

Someone has seemingly managed to squeeze a couple more images out of a Buttobasol machine:

kamen-rider-zi-o-01_orig.jpg

kamen-rider-zi-o-02_orig.jpg
As I write this it's not clear if the red Rider with the yellow eyes is a secondary Rider or whether the rumours of Zi-O having AM and PM forms are accurate.

Again, the top right pic seems to indicate forms based upon previous Heisei Riders, which had been rumoured for a while. Though this is the video game so there's still an outside possibility that they're just forms for this rather than the show.

The very lowest images (of the same suit as in my last post) have attracted attention because you can see the belt fairly well and it looks pretty simple. The current collectables rumour is for pog-like items representing clock faces. If that's the case it's not clear if they go into the belt, the device on the left wrist, or both.

And finally, yes, a lot of people are pointing out that there's quite a bulky upper chest on the design. One of the rumours that had previously seemed unlikely was that Toei were going to try their first ever female lead. So now toku twitter is a maelstrom of debate as to whether it's simply a quirk of the suit design or whether it could indicate that Zi-O is a girl.

R

raden238

Let me first start off by saying, I'm glad Toei went with the Ultraman-Orb route with the form changes being stylized after the previous Legend Heisei Riders. Second, I feel the Yellow-Red Rider next to Zi-O, may actually be just a form change and not another Rider. The rumors of a AM and PM form sounds cool and fits with the clock/time motif. I also feel this is just another Zi-O form change because standing next to him/her are Drive and Ghost forms. So maybe it could just be that certain Legend forms can only be accessed through the AM/PM form only.

The rumor of Zi-O our first female protagonist Main Rider would be awesome, and definitely the next ground-breaking step in tokusatsu and Rider history.

No idea whether it's accurate but I've seen claims on twitter that the yellow visor is also the word Rider but written in Hiragana instead.

Also worth pointing out that all the forms based on previous Riders in that picture appear to have a giant version of that legend Rider's collectable mounted on the right shoulder.

Yeah, looking at it, I'm leading towards the red Rider being the 2nd Rider. I don't think there would be such a difference from the main suit if it was still meant to be a form change.

Although if that's the case, I'm kind of surprised they're not giving Zi-O all the main Riders as forms. Either they can alternate or we're getting a more equal co-lead/Double Rider setup.

It also looks like they're limiting it to just the Neo-Heisei Riders, which would be a good way of separating this from Decade, though they might extend to the older Heisei Riders across the run. Maybe that'll be around when we get to the Mid-Season Upgrade or the first major upgrade form.

OK then people, first toy catalog time:

zi-o-gacha-01_orig.jpg

OK, so first big confirmation. Apparently these are different Riders and not different forms. The 'red guy' is Kamen Rider Gates. He will be in the show from the beginning.

Kamen-Rider-Zi-O-Toy-Catalog-7.jpg

The collectables are called Ride Watches. The Riders can store them on their wrist guards but they don't do anything there. They remove them and rotate the outer edge to properly reveal the face of the Rider printed in the center. They then press the button to activate the built-in LED lights. It seems that they also flip open like lockseeds but I'm not sure if that's a play feature or just to install the batteries for the lights. You can put a chain on them to hang them from your neck like a stopwatch.

Both Zi-O and Gates use the same belt design, which is called the Jikuu Driver. Pressing the button at the top makes the sides expand outwards. You then insert the Ride Watch(es) in the side(s) and push the sides back in again to lock them into place.
It comes with the side arms and front fascia unattached to the main piece. You attach the side parts and then clip the fascia over the top to fully assemble it.

zi-o-gacha-02_orig.jpg

To transform Zi-O takes their Ride Watch and attaches it to the side of the Driver nearest to their right leg (left side to an observer). The belt will play a recording announcing "Zi-O! Rider Time!" and the character transforms.

They then take a Ride Watch for a previous Rider and insert it into the slot on the other side. The belt will announce this as "Armor Time!" and this changes the character into a form based on that previous Rider.

When you change into Zi-O's base form it shows "2018" on the screen. When you change into an Armor Time it shows the year in which that Rider's show began airing.

If you look really closely at these pictures, the basic form of Kamen Rider Gates has "2066" displayed on his screen. Does that means that the character comes from the future?

zi-o-gacha-07_orig.jpg

zi-o-gacha-06_orig.jpg

Kamen-Rider-Zi-O-Toy-Catalog-8.jpg

Initially Zi-O will obtain the Ride Watches for Build and Ex-Aid while Gates will get the Ride Watches for Ghost and Drive.

As shown here, there will also be Ride Watches for Brave, Faiz, Fourze, Genm, Mach, Meteor, OOO, Rogue and Ryuki. They promise more to come too. So yes, they're dipping into secondaries and early Heisei, but no sign of Showa Riders yet.

zi-o-gacha-04_orig.jpg

The Jikuu Driver can be tilted to one side (they describe it as being "like an hourglass") to trigger additional functions. It isn't specified what those functions are, but my guess would be triggering finishing moves.

Zi-O will have a weapon called the Jikan Grade which is a sword that turns into a gun. You will be able to attach Ride Watches to this too. There have been no pictures yet but it is rumoured that Gates will get an axe that turns into a bow.

Kamen-Rider-Zi-O-Toy-Catalog-5.jpg

They will be releasing inflatable toy versions of the Jikan Grade in it's two modes along with an inflatable Ride Watch. They are also releasing inflatable versions of Build's 'Drill Crusher' sword and Ex-Aid's 'Gashacon Breaker' hammer. The implication is that Zi-O might gain the previous Rider's initial weapon when he changes into their 'Armor Time' form.​

R

raden238

I'm a bit confused with how the Ride watches work with the belt and the wrist brace but once the show airs it'll be clear. Zi-O's color scheme and just the theme of the show being time and dimensional travel based, really feels like this is Toei's reboot of Decade. Even the belt, looks like a digitized version of the Decadriver!

Gates looks like he'll be the Cross-Z of the show and it seems like the Ride watches are going to be gabarizing game come to life. The amount of gimmick stopwatches they can make with the sheer amount of Kamen Riders, is endless!!!

attachment.jpg

So... Zi-O's getting a mech?! Possibly a transforming one, though I have no idea what that thing in the corner is that it folds into? It's not his bike because...

attachment.jpg

The bottom of this page has the first look at Zi-O's bike (or at least the toy of it). It seems it changes from a Ride Watch, kind of like how Gaim's bike folded out from a lockseed.

attachment.jpg

At the top of this page is Gates' axe/bow weapon, the Jikan Zax.

Then, a surprise! The Decade Ride Watch is larger and has the ability to attach other Ride Watches to it. It also gives Zi-O a different sword weapon, the Ride HeiSaber (yes, a Heisei/Saber pun).

I guess it makes some sense: Decade also had the ability to turn into other Riders, and Zi-O will be airing when we reach the 10th anniversary of when Decade began airing.

attachment.jpg

I've no idea what the cylindrical thing at the bottom is, but above that are more legend Rider Watches.
Top row, left to right: Ryuki, Faiz, Fourze, Kabuto, Hibiki
Bottom row, left to right: Wizard, Agito, Gaim, Kuuga, Double

attachment.jpg

More Ride Watches. The top row are ones we have seen (Build, Ghost, Drive, Ex-Aid).
I'm not sure about some of the ones on the lower row. Faiz Accel? Kiva? Then Blade and OOO.

Weirdly, they're bringing out toys based on the gear of old Riders - the Faiz Phone, OOO's Hawk Candroid (or possibly Wziard's Garuda Plamonster?), Gaim's Watermelon Arms.

attachment.jpg

They are also releasing a line of "Rider Kicks" action figures. There are two kinds. the first are Zi-O's forms based on previous Riders: Ghost, Ex-Aid, Fourze, OOO (complete with full cheetah!) and Decade. the second kind are just figures of Riders from previous series (the picture shows all the Build Riders plus Ex-Aid).

attachment.jpg

The Jikuu Driver can rotate 360° on it's base. Doing so seems to activate a "Time Break", which I'm guessing will be the finishing move?

At the bottom is part of the transformation sequence. If that's meant to look like the actual character, I guess at the least we can rule a girl out?!

attachment.jpg

A slight clarification: This larger view of Gates' Driver shows that the date displayed on the screen in 2068, not 2066 as mentioned before.​

Last edited:
R

raden238

Interesting so the Decade Ride Watch gives a Zi-O an extra ability, giving him that Ultraman Orb triple fusion combo. Makes me believe Zi-O Decade form is going to be the 1st major form change of the series. Decade Crossover arc imminent?

This toyline is pretty wild, we get Legend Rider figures, Legend Rider arsenal weaponry too??? They're really going all out for the 20th Heisei series and it shows. I like the idea of a Time Kamen Rider and I'm hoping the show delivers.

Lurker
His Legend Rider is look like a bit uncomfortable to move with. Not only the shoulder become so bulky, even hand and his leg (Exaid and Fourze). I don't know how it will implemented in his fight. Maybe just for one cgi special attack each time he transform like how Decade use FFR to other rider or like Gaim Rider when they use Legend Rider LS.

Interesting they already show us Decade Watch, Decade should be his midform or berserk form. It is Rider who can transform to other rider which transform to Rider who can transform to other rider. So what Decade Watch extra slot can do? Access Rider Final Form or something?

And why they bring other second rider and their gear into another Watch. It is clearly a trap.