Nor can the get the actors for Philip (W) and Drive back.

What happened to those actors? I think we'd be fine without Philip's actor as long as we can still get Shotaro's actor. As for Drive, I haven't seen anything about about Ryoma Takeuchi retiring or anything.

D

Dr Kain

What happened to those actors? I think we'd be fine without Philip's actor as long as we can still get Shotaro's actor. As for Drive, I haven't seen anything about about Ryoma Takeuchi retiring or anything.

From what I've been told, Philip's actor opened up his own acting agency that follows the modern world and allows actors to do what they want to do. As such, he is blacklisted from studios like Toei that follow the traditional rules.

As for Drive, I guess he had such a horrible experience when he did the show that he said he will never work with Toei again.

As for Drive, I guess he had such a horrible experience when he did the show that he said he will never work with Toei again.
I didn't know Takeuchi had such a bad experience with Drive.

Kinda makes me surprised he came back for the first Heisei Generations film (he probably couldn't get out of the Movie War).

I swear I've seen Zi-O's finger pose before on a few other Riders :p.
We're doomed.

vlcsnap-2012-09-22-13h55m19s56.png
The rumor circling around is that they are planning to end this series with Akihiko's retirement and then having a 65 episode Kamen Rider series take place after as both a kick off to the new emperor's rule and some huge celebration of the franchise as a whole. Obviously we have no idea if that is true or not, but given that similar rumors were surrounding Decade being a shorter series and they ended up being true, I'm not doubting them. Plus, the reasoning behind this being a shorter series makes sense.
I can't imagine them resisting putting that in the marketing though. "Tune in to see the final Heisei Rider!" We haven't had anything like that.

I didn't get into toku until 2010 so I wasn't around for Decade rumours, but did they give the reason straight away back then? That was a fairly solid business reason, albeit a Bandai-lead one. I guess this would be a cultural reason but money talks with these shows and they usually only make changes if they sniff an opportunity for more money.

I dunno, I'm a little skeptical atm.
I'm not sure about everyone else but I'll wait till After the eighth episode to pass judgment or spread doomsday sayings about the series
Yeah I flip-flopped on it for ages in the first day after the staff news came out.

On the one hand, it's the guy behind the ****ing terrible second season of Amazons and the writer of Ninninger.

On the other, it's one of the producers of Den-O (which I enjoyed and was time travel based) and the writer behind GoRider (which handled returning characters really well).

So I think it's definitely a case of "wait and see". And it always takes me five or six weeks to get into a new series anyway.
A lot of the Heisei Riders returned for crossover movies, at least sporadically, but I think if they can't get the actual Riders back they might at least bring in a Second Rider or someone associated with the series.

Like, they probably can't get Joe Odagiri back, but maybe Ichijo's actor?
Well this is the producer of Decade, so it may be the alternate Yuususke that returns. ;)

Riders from more recent series would seem to be easier to get as they've progressed less in their careers. Then again, this is the producer who publicly declared that he thought Rider hadn't been interesting for years in the press conference for Amazons.
I didn't know Takeuchi had such a bad experience with Drive.

Kinda makes me surprised he came back for the first Heisei Generations film (he probably couldn't get out of the Movie War).
Yeah I hadn't heard about that either and my first thought was "well why did he come back for Heisei Gen?" As for Phillip's actor, he did a photo shoot for the Double manga and I doubt Toei would have allowed that if they really wanted him completely cut off from the product.

Sometimes these things fade over time. I vaguely recall hearing that Hibiki's actor was also on Toei's ****-list at one point, but he's recorded audio for the Rider video games more recently.

Well this is the producer of Decade, so it may be the alternate Yuususke that returns. ;)
I mean, I definitely thought of Decade's Yuusuke if they wanted Zi-O to meet an actual Kuuga, and Ryouta Murai would probably be up for a return (looking at Wikipedia, it doesn't seem like he's been in anything major in a few years).

Although if Zi-O is time-travelling to meet the other Riders, I would think he'd time-travel to the time of the actual Kuuga. But who knows how they're going to handle this stuff.
Riders from more recent series would seem to be easier to get as they've progressed less in their careers. Then again, this is the producer who publicly declared that he thought Rider hadn't been interesting for years in the press conference for Amazons.
Sounds like the perfect choice to produce an anniversary season :rolleyes:.

D

Dr Kain

Wait, I thought Amazons Season 2 was supposed to be a vast improvement over season 1?

Wait, I thought Amazons Season 2 was supposed to be a vast improvement over season 1?
O3tsC5Y.gif

OK, perhaps I should clarify my reaction a little. The fights, effects, suits etc are of the same quality as the first season. But the ongoing story and characters from the first season are relegated to B or C plots in the second season. Instead they bring in a load of new characters and start a new story with them. Without turning this into a paragraph-long rant, I didn't find any of the new characters likeable and found the new main story somewhere between tiresome and laughable. YMMV.

(Posting again after a long time! I stopped coming here since I got tons of virus warnings for a while).

The problem with Amazon s2 is that clearly the "new characters" and "new story" were just there to look worse than the season 1 ones, to the point that by the end the season 1 cast has taken over again. It's not the first time I've seen a series attempting to do that, and it's always a bad idea. Subverting expectations just to subvert is a mistake and doesn't make for an entertaining story.

Oh yeah that went on for a few months. I think when they got Pop Geeks to start hosting the forum they set up a redirector from henshinjustice to the new forum location and that registered as trying to do something sneaky.

tbh I just never liked Chihiro (Amazon Neo). He's a child who constantly whines that life's not fair because the world hasn't handed him a girlfriend on a plate. There's enough people like that on social media.