2016 Super Sentai Rumors/News Thread (40th Anniversary) - Doubutsu Sentai Juuouger

That "ahhhhhh" near the end of the promo sounds like Akira Kushida. I guess he's doing the theme song.

Also, that date confirms that Ninninger will be 48 episodes.

Would like to change his avatar
I'd be very surprised if Kushida sang the OP theme; they haven't gone for an older performer for a long time. (Remember when the trend was to at least have an older performer like Kushida or Isao Sasaki or Ichirou Mizuki for the ED theme? They even stopped doing that!)

Maybe Kushida's doing the voice of the toys, even though that would be repetitive after OOO..?

And while I'm not the biggest Kushida fan, it would be cool of him to have a new OP, and to be chosen for the anniversary. If it turns out to be him, I guess this show did want to have a couple of homages to Sunvulcan. I guess you can thank Asao Kobayashi for being a Creepy Cosby Bastard why it's not a panther to go along with the eagle and shark.

Lurker

Dang, I would've bet anything we wouldn't have a promo until 2016. Granted, if they're off the 3rd AND 10th, I understand.

I saw it, looks cool.

47. We won't have Ninnin in January 3 and 10.

Am I weird for saying 48 and counting the teamup with Drive? Granted, I wouldn't go on Rangerwiki and change the number but the special was a new program starring the Ninningers during their timeslot. Counts for me. (Goes for Drive, as well as ToQger and Gain last year).

Since the Juubeasts are done with prosthetics, I wonder if they'll do monsters that way too this year. At least the main villains or important ones, come on! :laugh:

Still, I kind of like the idea. It's kind of a really interesting mix of styles & aesthetics in this one. Kind of want to see a PR version. Get some of the SPD crew back, those guys would have a field day.

I'm gonna have to rewatch the promo. I could've sworn the animal forms were legit Toku masks like... well, every Toku mask I've ever seen. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, just what I thought I saw.

I guess you can thank Asao Kobayashi for being a Creepy Cosby Bastard why it's not a panther to go along with the eagle and shark.

That's really the reason? Does that mean Toei would eliminate any animal associated with a past actor having a seedy background or involved in scandal? Maybe we can finally get rid of lions that way >.>

Or maybe Toei just though a panther and tiger looked too similar (stripes notwithstanding). In which case they could've just replaced Tiger with Wolf, or Fox, or Bear, any of the neglected animals.

That's really the reason? Does that mean Toei would eliminate any animal associated with a past actor having a seedy background or involved in scandal? Maybe we can finally get rid of lions that way >.>

Or maybe Toei just though a panther and tiger looked too similar (stripes notwithstanding). In which case they could've just replaced Tiger with Wolf, or Fox, or Bear, any of the neglected animals.

I'm guessing they're saving one of those for the 6th ranger or alternate forms

With the revelation of the Zyuman forms of the 4 rangers, I wonder if they'll have alternate form changes in their ranger forms or not...

Am I weird for saying 48 and counting the teamup with Drive? Granted, I wouldn't go on Rangerwiki and change the number but the special was a new program starring the Ninningers during their timeslot. Counts for me.

But not officially counts. Ninninger's DVD and Blu-Rays don't have this teamup, it's separate release, so yeah, is 47 episodes.

Am I weird for saying 48 and counting the teamup with Drive? Granted, I wouldn't go on Rangerwiki and change the number but the special was a new program starring the Ninningers during their timeslot. Counts for me. (Goes for Drive, as well as ToQger and Gain last year).

I'd count ToQger vs Gaim for both, but Ninninger vs Drive kind of lacked the actual Ninninger. It was pretty obvious that the actors weren't on set much, resulting in many suit-only scenes and only Takaharu really interacting with the Drive cast.