2016 Super Sentai Rumors/News Thread (40th Anniversary) - Doubutsu Sentai Juuouger

One of the Lord's Angels
Cast revealed?

They have an animal form?

N23PLns.jpg
aFr4JQA.jpg

In the end, everybody was wrong on who the cast would be. That thing is legit based on the fact that last year, we got a similar revealing of the cast in which everyone was right. Even I admit this year, I was wrong on the cast & for that twitter person; I'm just shaking my head because that account jumped to conclusions very quickly.

Anyway, if nobody knows yet joining Tsurugi Watanabe (who will be Green not yellow as previously rumored) are:
Red: Masaki Nakano (Represented by the same company that includes the group D-Boys but apparently is not a D-boy member),
Blue: Miki Yanagai (a model),
Yellow: Shohei Nanba (very popular actor in my book & made his acting debut in the series finale of Kamen Rider W),
White: Haruka Tateishi (I know nothing about her).

I'll be putting this up on my twitter handle when I can & if no one else there has revealed it yet.

Only Red(Kazakiri Yamato) is from Earth. The others are "Juuman"(Beastman) from Juuland, and each hold the qualification of a king "Juuohchanger".
Together with Kazakiri Yamato, the four Juuman Sera, Amu, Task, Leo fight off enemies from space.

Kazakiri Yamato(Red) - Nakao Masaki
Sera(Blue) - Yanagi Miki
Amu(White) - Tateishi Haruka
Task(Green) - Watanabe Tsurugi
Leo(Yellow) - Nanba Shouhei

Last edited:
This image below was taken from Toei's new webpage for the show (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zyuoh/) and is doing the rounds on twitter. It looks as if the site has since slightly adjusted it's layout but contains similar text.

CXGroFpWsAAJ-V2.png

It would be nice if anyone who can read Japanese can confirm this for us (I don't want to rely only on google translate) but it seems to list Takaaki Utsunomiya as Jyuohger's producer. His previous works include Shinkenger, Gokaiger and ToQger. He's also worked on Kamen Rider Faiz, Blade, Kiva and Wizard, and was the producer of the first three Taizen movies.

So Red is the odd man in a group of individuals from another world. Sound very similar to Timeranger.

R

raden238

The individual pictures of the Rangers and their animal forms are very retro-esqe with the black background. The whole Rangers coming from another world to stop enemies, has a very 80s Sentai feel to it. Didn't Flashman have a plot like this? Interesting stuff, maybe the story will make up for the ugly toys.

TV Asahi site is up.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/zyuoh/

S9XBxeAl.jpg

UM6OFCul.jpg

vaHeRuJl.jpg

Ie1Z9fll.jpg

JsZiUD5l.jpg

the staff :

Main writer : Junko Komura, protégée of Naruhisa Arakawa, who worked with her mentor on Goseiger, Gokaiger, Akibaranger, Kamen Rider Wizard and a few others… Mrs Komura also worked on Satria Garuda Bima-X.
Main director : Takayuki Shibazaki, who worked on a few episodes of Kamen Rider Ghost, Drive, Gaim, OOO, Kyoryuger, Go-Busters, etc…
Special effects director : Hiroshi Butsuda, who worked on all recent series.
Main producer : Takaki Utsunomiya, who produced Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Toqger, Kamen Rider Wizard…
Action scenes director : Hirofumi Fukuzawa, ex-Mister Red II. No need to introduce him anymore, he was promoted director after Gokaiger.

The enemies are a "universal outlaws" called Deathgaliens. (デスガリアン)

Lurker
Since we're going to have a human Red and four others from another world, I hope there will be a leader from the Juuland world group to share the spotlight with Red instead of having a "Red Ranger and his friends" show. Seriously, Takaharu is the one of the main reason why Ninninger suffers
Also, this plot of a group of four travel to another time/world and meet their Red Ranger gives me a Timeranger/Power Rangers In Space vibe, let's hope the show will be as good as those shows

I got to admit, the staff has me excited. I've been waiting for Junko Komura to take a swing at head writer position, so I'm glad he's finally getting a chance. Good to see that Shibazaki is directing as well. Plus, the Sentai dynamic looks very interesting this year.

Color me intrigued. Suits still look weird though.