Toku Prince
The 39th Sentai is Shuriken Sentai Ninninger 手裏剣戦隊ニンニンジャー
zej9UyH.jpg

Last edited:
If it means getting Kakuranger vs Hurricanger vs Ninninger (what a lame name lol) I am okay with this repetition.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Cue the "We ALWAYS have to have a ninja Sentai after a dinosaur Sentai because TRADITION!!!!!1111" brigade

I'm gonna think of them as "The Ninnies" all year, no matter how much I end up liking them :sweat:

like a SPINNING WHEEL
Cue the "We ALWAYS have to have a ninja Sentai after a dinosaur Sentai because TRADITION!!!!!1111" brigade

I'm gonna think of them as "The Ninnies" all year, no matter how much I end up liking them :sweat:

Hurricaneger was before Abaranger, to be fair. :p

.. The Ninnies. Oh man. This is going to be an interesting year.

R

raden238

No surprise, I knew it was going to be Ninjas. But Ninninger?? What the hell kind of a name is that?? Ninjaranger or Ninjamen would of been better. Too bad Ninjaman was already used.

No surprise, I knew it was going to be Ninjas. But Ninninger?? What the hell kind of a name is that?? Ninjaranger or Ninjamen would of been better. Too bad Ninjaman was already used.
Well, you know. "Nin nin!" and all.

This is... interesting, I guess! I'm surprised we're not going blatantly animals again, but they could still have animal motifs too.

Red Ranger

Ninjaman won't work because A.) That name is already used and B.) Sentai doesn't "Man" In the titles anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of wordplay shenanigans going on, like you're meant to read it as 'two ninja' (ni ninja) or something. And then on top of that they've turned the "ja" into a "ger" because PUN! :anime: Hopefully a Japanese speaker will be able to sprinkle some "this is what the character means" wisdom down to us.

It reminds me of Kakurangers' theme tune where part of the vocal just goes "nin-ninja ninja ninja, Kakuranger ninja ninja".

Last edited:

"Nin Nin" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for acting like a ninja. What bugs me about the name is the "Shuriken Sentai", it's just... strange.

But hey, Toei already proved with Kyoryuger that third time is a charm so I'm excited.