I liked him when he wasn't a god
Another ninja one, eh? Well, hopefully it's a little more Hurricanger, less Kakuranger & nothing even remotely close to Kyoryuger design wise.

Also, I wonder why they're doing Ninja again? Did this take so long to come out because they sincerely couldn't think of anything else to do?:sly:

It's probably just because Toei is generally releasing information later/registering trademarks later and cracking down on leaks. It's not even as late as Go-onger, which (IIRC) had the name first leaked online on October 28th and the trademark came along later. It could even be the case that Toei applied for another name and couldn't get the copyright; they weren't allowed to use "Sirenger" (which became Dekaranger) because there's a hentai franchise called Tokumei Sentai Sirenger. Evidently they had no trouble getting "Tokumei Sentai", though :coolshades:

Loud and gaudy suits fit well with the OTTness of Kyoryuger and its dinosaur motif, but wouldn't be appropriate for a ninja theme. That's why I'm hoping against hope for the female Ranger/s NOT to be Pink this time; IMO, it's too ostentatious a colour for a ninja (I don't care how "cute" Kagura looked in that one ToQger scene)

Well, it is an odd year Sentai, so it is bound to be good.

Anyway, the name is just stupid. IT's like Toei just throws words into a jar and randomly draws the words out to put their series title together.

Hopefully, it won't be too overrated.
It such a shame even year sentai has gotten so much poor/negative reception in recent years, but that's another topic.

I agree with the title. It does sounds stupid, but it could have been worse; they would have called it "Shinobiger" (シノビジャー).

Professional Chef and Entertainer
Shuriken Sentai Nin'Ninja(this what i will call it as my romanization). this is the first sentai name with a 3 kanji word before the sentai kanji. the first was actually Akibaranger, but that was unofficial.

my gimmick prediction. like the name said, the gimmick i think will be Shurikens. maybe something like the Hidden Discs mixed with the O Medals/Wizard Rings. the henshin device i see could be something related to spinning a shuriken, either a cell phone changer like the Accellular(Boukenger) or a brace like the Hurricane Gyro(Hurricaneger).

Hurricaneger is quite popular, and they just do "10 Years Later", sort of...
But I will be extremely happy if they can resurrected Kakuranger cast, one of my fav sentai that really unpopular somehow. So, next year Ninja theme at least already give me positive hope :buttrock:

Shining~
Huh, ninjas again. Very interesting.
So what are the chances that it will be less lighthearted than Tokyuger.

with "Ninninger" as the team's name? The chance is almost zero :laugh:

Considering Kyoryuger shared the theme of music and dancing with Gaim, Toqger and Drive sharing the motif of vehicle, I can't help but thinking whatever gimmick or motif/theme of this 'Nin-ninger' will be partially adapted towards Drive's successor. So for the love of God, please let it be something less toyetic or stupid.........

it will never be less toyetic

Perhaps we'll see animal version of Shift Cars that can turn into shurikens for transformation, similar to how you must flip the Shift Cars before using them.

I'm sorry. But with a name like Ninninger, I can't help but think about THIS little guy.

275061-16466_large.jpg

My prediction: Three Sentai teams (Kakuranger, Hurricanger and Ninninger) will team up in a very movie special. If possible, Jiraiya will return to team up with Ninninger or three of them.

People saying that seem to ignore how this won't be done by the Kyoryuger staff... I'd like to be pleasantly surprised though.

Kakuranger is unpopular?

In my experience, it tends to be overlooked, but I think it should get all the hype in the west that DaiRanger has gotten over the years.

I thought it was a much better, and more importantly more focused show than DaiRanger.

Last edited:
NonStereoBlack
In my experience, it tends to be overlooked, but I think it should get all the hype in the west that DaiRanger has gotten over the years.

I thought it was a much better, and more importantly more focused show than DaiRanger.

But they had completely different moods, you can't really compare one to another.

Im all in for a new ninja season.