2015 Sentai: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger - News/Rumours

Toku Prime

Wait, some of the shuriken transform into robots? You sure this list isn't from kamen rider? :p Still, having one that turns into a UFO sounds cool.
I wonder if they mean something like how DaiKaiOh (Shinken Gold's mech) where you inserted a hiden disk and rotated it to give different "modes"? And how random is the UFO mecha? I kinda hope it's yellow's just to make it more of an homage to MegaYellow's Saucer Voyager 4, but it's still an odd thing for a ninja theme.

Timeline15

Wow, the suits look even better in this new pic.
regarding the "stocking" design on the female rangers, it looks GREAT on white, not so much on pink, as it doesn't match any of the rest, or indeed any of the male rangers. White's helmet also looks a lot better from this angle. It may well turn out to be my favourite female sentai suit. Blue also looks even more badass from the side.

Can't really comment on the mecha yet, but I'm not all that enthused so far. Then again, the last time I liked the primary mecha was gobuster, so...

To those hating on the white boots, after closer inspection I'm about 95% certain that the trim on the sashes is actually white as well and therefore the white boots are actually justified within the design. Also what makes me happier is that the white rangers pink trim does not extend to her boots. :thumbs:

I actually think the boots and trim might be the same color silver as the top prong of the visor-shuriken (there's definitely a metallic sheen). If so, the boot color is even more justified.

Either way, that Shironinja design is so great. I'll be getting that Figuart, no doubt.

DriftKaiser

DorifutoKaizā
The designs for mecha and rangers are so asymmetrical. Why they went with the white boots when the rest of costumes are made up of the Ranger's colours/black/silver scheme is beyond me!

Also it's been a good while since we have a humanoid mecha as the core for the combined mecha itself which is great but WTF at the rest of the mecha. Dragon, Dump Truck, etc?

Only thing I like is the shurikens being the gimmick for this time.:disappoin

Last edited:

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
As perviously mentioned, those white boots on the males. ?__? that is just aesthetically displeasing. They were almost the perfect suits. lol

FreedomR8G6B1

tumblr_nfxo54NI0g1u21bnqo1_500.jpg

Say hello to Ninninger.

http://shurikensentai.tumblr.com/po...ter-has-leaked-online-giving-fans-their-first

Shinken + Hurricane = N*****ranger

*covers mouth*

...oops.:redface2:

Black Fang

Yes. Humanoid mechas would be:

Battle Fever Robo
Tetra Boy (the robot mode is his default: he only becomes a cannon when combining)
Kyodai Juushou and Juushou Fighters
Red Puncher
Blocker Robos
Ro-Voyager
MagiMajin
that Hurricanger thing from Gokaiger

Black Fang

Go-Onger has a lion bus a year after we had a lion. Same with Goseiger and Shinkenger, and Hurricanger and Gaoranger. It's not unprecedented. But it would be nice not to do that.

That aside, I still don't get why trains and trucks are in a ninja show where (presumably) the heroes aren't part of some techy state organization. On the other hand, the combo on the right looks very bestial. Reminds me of Daisazer from Gransazer.

NeonZ

That aside, I still don't get why trains and trucks are in a ninja show where (presumably) the heroes aren't part of some techy state organization. On the other hand, the combo on the right looks very bestial. Reminds me of Daisazer from Gransazer.

I guess it might be a reference to the idea of ninjas living in secrecy among modern society. Of course, secrecy in a Sentai is laughable, and even the toyguide poster says that they don't hide.

TaintedSeraph

Toku Prince
Go-Onger has a lion bus a year after we had a lion. Same with Goseiger and Shinkenger, and Hurricanger and Gaoranger. It's not unprecedented. But it would be nice not to do that.

Rio's lion from Gekiranger barely showed up in the series so that doesn't really count. Besides, a lion -> lion BUS -> lion ORIGAMI is completely different than PINK TRAIN -> PINK TRAIN.

MomoNinja's Byunmaru looks like they just took half of the blue Ressha and recoloured it pink.