2015 Sentai: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger - News/Rumours

Amon

I just hope the 6th ranger is not gold or silver. I'm so sick of those two colors always being used for 6th rangers and it been like that since Gaoranger in 2001.

komoo

I've seen people talking about a rumor that has Sonny Chiba's son, Mackenyu, in the role of Red. I don't know much of anything about him, and he's a bit younger than I think Reds should be (18), but...Sonny frickin' Chiba's son! I'd figure someone like that would think they were above toku, though.

Sonny Chiba in his youth wasn't above doing toku (Gavan) - mostly because of Kenji Oba. But it can't see his son in this, except if a family friend (hint: Oba) is the mentor.

But i would love to have Nakamura back, I just can't see him as being part of the main team.
Honestly, I thought they would spare him for the 6th senshi role.

My guess for this years suit actors are:
Red: Yasuhiro Takeuchi
Blue: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (Which would fit if Nakamura is blue)
Yellow: Masashi Takada
White: Mizuho Nogawa
Pink: Ryoko Gomi

Last edited:
Nakamura as Blue would be AWESOME! Sign me up for that! :castlerock:
I really liked him as Yuto in Den-O and it would be awesome to see him in sentai.

Black Fang

I just hope the 6th ranger is not gold or silver. I'm so sick of those two colors always being used for 6th rangers and it been like that since Gaoranger in 2001.

Shurikenger
AbareKiller
DekaBreak
MagiShine
BoukenSilver

GekiViolet and Chopper
GoOn Gold and Silver
ShinkenGold

GoseiKnight (I don't know why he's considered silver. In that case KingRanger should be a gold.)
GokaiSilver
Beet and Stag Busters
KyoryuGold and Silver

ToQ 6

It's become more of a trend since Go-Onger.

elenaslakov

One of the Lord's Angels
Picture this!!

That cast that was put up is about 80% fake in my eyes 'cause of these reasons:

1-Filming; filming doesn't usually start until after we get the toy information.
2-Experience; usually the cast selected each year have little to no acting experience with the exception of 1 or maybe 2 cast members

Another reason why I believe this is fake is because both girls look almost alike & one of them is way over the age limit (female leads are usually 23 years old or younger)

But, there may be some truth on 1 since Mario Kuroba has been rumored since last month. Also, keep this in mind, Mario was the 2010 JUNON Super Boy Runner-up to Taikou Kattono who is now in KR Drive. Would it be fantastic to have Super Hero Time with the two 2010 competitors competing on their own show to see which show is better? Think about that while i start looking into casting rumors AFTER the Baseball Winter Meetings next week. Till then, everyone. BYE

1 more thing here's Makkenryu's (aka Sonny Chiba's son) profile.

And here's the JUNON 2010 link: Just click here

Toku Prime

Precisely, ChanNaka retired from the entertainment industry back in 2012 due to continuing health problems relating to a back injury. but earlier this year announced his return with a new agency. (which is also when he debuted his new facial hair)
Yeah that's why that one seems unlikely to me. In his 'first career' he was in one of those male idol groups that tokus shows love to recruit from, and IIRC when they announced his retirement they specifically mentioned that he couldn't do any dancing due to his injury. I doubt he's going to want to start his 'second career' by doing a show filled with action scenes where he risks taking a knock and undoing all his recovery.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much but based on helmet designs I'd say blue is likely to be the skilled guy, and yellow is more likely to be the goofball guy.

LaZerwolfX

Henshin a Go-Go!!
yeah, Hurricanger and Kakuranger series had the yellow as the goofy character so I would appreciate that continuing if only because I would find it funny that my favorites from all 3 ninja series ended up being the same color

Khaiden

Heroes are forever
I've seen people talking about a rumor that has Sonny Chiba's son, Mackenyu, in the role of Red. I don't know much of anything about him, and he's a bit younger than I think Reds should be (18), but...Sonny frickin' Chiba's son! I'd figure someone like that would think they were above toku, though.

Sonny Chiba in his youth wasn't above doing toku (Gavan) - mostly because of Kenji Oba. But it can't see his son in this, except if a family friend (hint: Oba) is the mentor.

Don't forget his brother, Jiro Chiba. If Sonny had ever been in Toku (I swear, I remember him making a cameo somewhere), I would have attributed it to his brother being big in it.

Shougo B'Stard

Would like to change his avatar

Hey, I'm a huge Sonny Chiba fan -- AFAIC, toku would be in a sorrier state without him and his Japan Action Club -- but he was considered a get for Gavan, and only appeared briefly. (Like, an episode and a half.) Chiba, his brother, his pupils have all done something toku at one point, but Chiba's reached a certain level of fame, of showbiz royalty, and I could see a scenario where his son, even at the start of his career, might not want to be a regular on a toku show.

LaZerwolfX

Henshin a Go-Go!!
[HIDE]
084584084.jpg
[/HIDE]

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
That is...a very beautiful blurred image. White's head looks more oval at this angle, which is good.

Shogun_Master

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Is it safe to assume that one of them might be green from the corner of the picture? There's nothing there, I'm just referring to the green background & it's apparently on the Sentai side of the magazine.

Although, I can clearly tell from the Megazord that there's a blue & yellow in there. (mecha pieces behind each shoulder.)

Liac0s

Is it safe to assume that one of them might be green from the corner of the picture? There's nothing there, I'm just referring to the green background & it's apparently on the Sentai side of the magazine.

Isn't it Drive's Technique form? Maybe a weapon? There's his symbol just at the left, and that little symbol on the gun (?) seems like Drive's as well.

Kai Yamato

Now, count up your crimes!
Yesss. That metallic details we've been missing for the past two series. Finally they decide to make it look like a mecha rather than... a giant-sized toy.

raden238

Mecha reminds me way too much of Daikai Shinken Oh. Is too much to have Mecha like the Kakuranger or Hurricanger designs again???

kakeru1986

http://cranejoe.blog.jp/archives/17874535.html

Collectible items this year are called Shinobi Shuriken

Like the Hiden Disk in Shinkenger, the heroes set them on the weapon, and rotate them to transform, use their special techniques and summon the Otomonin (the robots)

The Shinobi Shuriken have sound gimmick by themselves.
Transformable Shinobi Shuriken also have LED lights.
You can remove the blade and they can change to make the heads of the robot.

>Early Feb. Release
>>Sentai hero series
>>>Akaninger (Akaninjaa)
>>>Aoninger
>>>Kininger
>>>Shironinger
>>>Momoninger

>>Transformation Shinobgatana Ninja-Ichibanmaru (red Shinobi shuriken included)

>>Ninja Pistol Gamagamajuu (blue Shinobi Shuriken included)

>> Shuriken holder Ninnin buckle (white Shinobi Shuriken included)

>>Shuriken Gattai DX Shurikenjin
5 Otomo Shinobi included
( Human robot Shinobimaru, Dragon robot Dragomaru, Dumptruck robot Dumpmaru, dog robot Wanmaru, train robot Byunmaru)
When Shinobimaru is placed at the core, Shurikenjin is formed.
When Dragomaru is placed at the core, Shurikenjin Drago is formed
(Otomonin Shinobicore + red blade + blue blade included)

>> Punch fighter Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

>>Kyaracchi Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

>Late Feb. Release

>>Ninninger action series
>>>Akaninger
>>>Aoninger
>>>Kininger

>Mid March release

>>Otomo Shinobi series 01 Paonmaru (Otomo Shinobi Shuriken Paonmaru included)(elephant motif)

>>Otomo Shinobi Series 02 UFOmaru (Otomo Shinobi Shuriken UFOmaru included)

>> Three steps Ninja Attack Karakuri Henge (yellow Shinobi Shuriken included) (I guess it's a weapon)

>Late March release

>>Rotating super ninpô Goton (5 tons) Shinobi Shuriken
>> Otomo Shinobi collection series 01 Shinobimaru

So apparently the information comes from this man's site who already got the retailers catalog. Information to take with a grain of salt.
I'm just translating what I'm reading. It seems that this year motif for the robots is red with its main human motif robot, ala Ryuseioh, and then other robots being either animals or vehicles. Even on 2ch, people are wondering what is wrong with the mix of a train and a dog, and what to heck does a ufo has to do with ninjas. But we can all remember the rangers transforming into toy jets or tanks in Hurricaneger and Kakuranger so why not?

Last edited:

Artisan

Blade Adept
5 Otomo Shinobi included
( Human robot Shinobimaru, Dragon robot Dragomaru, Dumptruck robot Dumpmaru, dog robot Wanmaru, train robot Byunmaru)

>>Otomo Shinobi series 01 Paonmaru (Otomo Shinobi Shuriken Paonmaru included)(elephant motif)

>>Otomo Shinobi Series 02 UFOmaru (Otomo Shinobi Shuriken UFOmaru included)

wat8fxes4.jpg

Well, I'm looking forward to this explanation, though this is coming from the same company(s) who thought a megaphone would be a weapon befitting a ninja, and a very conspicuous giant green helicopter a good mech for another ninja. Screw logical thematic consistencies. Let's embrace the madness.