2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

I liked the trailer, look pretty campy and fun, like you'd expect from a Sentai. Characters look okay, action looks pretty standard. Those miniatures though... beautiful!!!

I liked the trailer, look pretty campy and fun, like you'd expect from a Sentai. Characters look okay, action looks pretty standard. Those miniatures though... beautiful!!!

I'm waiting for someone to impose the Thomas The Tank Engine opening onto the Tokkyuger opening because it needs to be done.

They really need a Godzilla-like monster that will rip one of them from the tracks, bite it and then toss it to justify an upgrade though for homage's sake.

Give them soul trains, animal trains or even a closely-ripped-off-Den-O-super train-Ranger that trolls the fans.

I've met women more manly than Tokkyu 1's actor... wow.

I'm still wondering if he actually sounds like that or if he's been told to force his throat to sound "innocent".
Either way, it's annoying.

OH..and not to mention, when T-1 whipped out his train...I thought it was a Shodophone....They actually made him hold it like a pen, that's how Shiken'd up this is looking.

The henshin sequence looks a lot more reminiscent of Gokaiger to me. You can almost see a ranger key instead of a ressha. The shodophones were different, whipped out like the phone it was, and only then hold like a pen.
Not only the moves, that have an obvious resemblance, but even the way they filmed the whole sequence, with the quick cuts, screams Gokaiger.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm still wondering if he actually sounds like that or if he's been told to force his throat to sound "innocent".
Either way, it's annoying.

He is obviously playing up for the camera at the end there to promote the show, but it's his real voice, that is how he speaks ...

DorifutoKaizā
I'll be happy if the multi track drifting were using in an episode! MULTI-RAINBOW TRACK DRIFTING!
multi-track-drifting.jpg

How uneducated are you?
Pretty uneducated. Only to a master's degree standard. Just barely enough to be able to recognise when people are being flippant. :thumbs:
When I think of gangsters in fiction, I think more of people in zoot suits carrying tommy guns. I thought the mooks in the trailer more resembled a typical Guy Fawkes costume, hence my joke. Maybe swap the axes they're holding for guns and it would tip it back in the other direction. Either way, they're just there to be knocked over by people wearing brightly-coloured spandex. But if it makes you happy I'll go back to making Thomas the Tank Engine jokes like everyone else instead of suggesting that the producers are employing some (rather commonplace) imagery derived from the most famous member of an early 17th Century foiled act of terrorism.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Holy ****, I accurately predicted something! I'm not sure if I should be laughing my ass off, or throwing a party.:laugh:

But, I have to say, the Wild West Train-robber minion things are actually some of the coolest looking footsoldiers I've seen in a while.

EDIT: And I only now just got the Anonymous reference. Yeah, that weird tuxedo look down the front is a bit of a bizarre asthetic, but it seems to work.

Although, rewatching that video five or six times to understand that joke, I can't help facepalming the fact that the minions are square-dancing in place whenever they aren't attacking...

Last edited: