2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

I liked him when he wasn't a god
So the one rumor that keeps popping up is now a real thing? Awesome! I wonder what is the secondary theme of Tokkyuger.

The only others left would be insects and ghosts/youkai. I don't imagine that either of those would be a theme for this show, though. Tokkyuger would have begun planning during the run of Go-Busters, which had two insect-themed heroes; and it will air alongside Gaim, whose monsters are based around youkai.

Over at Rangercrew, our old friend Dukemon speculated that we could still get a rescue theme:

dukemon22 said:
You are a hero for this pun sir.

It will definitely have trains, but the "Tokkyu" makes it sound like they may be going with some kind of rescue theme as well. Even though the word itself hints at "express" I doubt Toei would just do trains alone. There's going to be a catch there.

Everyone is translating "Ressha" as "Vehement Car" which is technically right, but I think they're going for a pun on more than just "train." "Rekka" means giant blaze, and the "retsu" character can mean heroic.

Last edited:
You're going about it all wrong. "Tokkyu" is clearly a mix of "Toki" and "Kyuu", where toki is time, and kyuu is the sound moeblobs make.

So it's clearly about cars being angry that this era (time) is full of moeblobs.

Seriously, though, couldn't it be a play on "烈士" "resshi" - patriot/hero?

Eenymeenyminymo
Now we know what the mecha in the show will look like :p

2.jpg

Okay, I want one of these! Whee!

Gangs aren't exclusive to African Americans and actually," Black culture" is Highland Scottish and Irish, not inherently African or Black at all. "Ebonics" and other behaviors have progressed and taken from other Southerners who espoused the same traits as their Irish and Highland Scottish ancestors. A huge difference with the African cultures they originated from before Slavery.
I never said you were thinking of black people. Where did you get that idea? Look at you so racist and you don't even realize it...

Y'know, a "realistic"-type series with no central villain sounds amazing. So does nine members split into three teams. Too bad this is the "off year" for Sentai, so this will probably suck. :(

Get Isao Sasaki to sing the OP and let's have Rina Akiyama as the female commandor and the voice actors of the imagins as this years baddies.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
Y'know, a "realistic"-type series with no central villain sounds amazing. So does nine members split into three teams. Too bad this is the "off year" for Sentai, so this will probably suck. :(

i doubt it will, usually the seasons in between the five seasons after and before an anivversary season are usually awesome. 2004 we got dekaranger which was really good, and 2009 we got the beloved shinkenger. so i'm putting hopes high for a season that kicks ass.

Last edited:
i doubt it will, usually the seasons in between the five seasons after and before an anivversary season are usually awesome. 2004 we got dekaranger which was really good, and 2009 we got the beloved shinkenger. so i'm putting hopes high for a season that kicks ass.

Eh. After Gekiranger, we [IMO] started a trend of "one good, one bad". Geki was good, Go-Onger was terrible. Shinkenger was amazing, Goseiger was eh. Gokaiger was fun, Go-Busters was, well... And Kyoryuger isn't perfect, but its the most plot-driven series I've seen since Geki, and while the toys are starting to distract from the show (switching out mecha takes WAY too long), there haven't been any clusterfuck mecha.

I dunno, much as I want to love every Sentai, I don't see Tokkyuger's chances of breaking the streak to be all that strong.