2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Eh. After Gekiranger, we [IMO] started a trend of "one good, one bad". Geki was good, Go-Onger was terrible. Shinkenger was amazing, Goseiger was eh. Gokaiger was fun, Go-Busters was, well... And Kyoryuger isn't perfect, but its the most plot-driven series I've seen since Geki, and while the toys are starting to distract from the show (switching out mecha takes WAY too long), there haven't been any clusterfuck mecha.

I dunno, much as I want to love every Sentai, I don't see Tokkyuger's chances of breaking the streak to be all that strong.

IIRC in the past there was a rotation of production teams each year that ended with Goseiger which explains the seeming "pattern" of styles. Then we had Gokaiger the big anniversary, Go-Busters the show that wanted to experiment but didn't work out, and Kyoryuger which is trying to return the franchise to its fortunes. Next year's show could be good, but Sentai is still trying to find its way at the moment - the collectible widgets thing is keeping toy sales high, but ratings are still a problem

Bigdog

I never said you were thinking of black people. Where did you get that idea? Look at you so racist and you don't even realize it...
Easy. Right here.

Just cause I made a gang bang joke you affiliate it with the ghetto? Dude don't be racist.

Well if it was up to Bigdog we'd have Kool Aid + trains. He makes me sick...

But I am getting you are not being serious about this, are you?:laugh:

Bigdog

You're so blind by racism you're seeing things.

You said I was being racist, so I pointed out your association of living in the Ghetto is equivalent to being "Black" American, or the "lifestyle" being exclusively "Black". Which was implied by saying, "don't be racist." I've seen many people live almost exactly the same way and they were White like they would play make believe on the playground.

I could honestly care less about race because it is a ridiculous concept played around by people who are dead inside:coolshades:

_____

A realistic Sentai with no central villain would be deadlier than one with a central villain as long it the destruction is on par with Sun Vulcan or 90's Sentai.

Photon

Shining~

reading the team's name reminds me to these two things

328px-RocketArrowExpress-GAOV-JP-R.jpg

爆走特急ロケット・アロー (Bakusō Tokkyū Roketto Arō - Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow)

and

328px-SuperdreadnoughtRailCannonGustavMax-VE06-JP-UR.jpg

超弩級砲塔列車グスタフ・マックス (Chōdokyū Hōtō Ressha Gusutafu Makkusu - Super-Dreadnought Gun Turret Train, Gustaph Max)

coincidentally, Kozuki Anna, who used both, has more of her trains released soon....

Last edited:

FieryRed

Minato Ascending
what annoys me right now is the team name, because they're still not going back to having "ranger" in the title

Maybe they don't want people to confuse Super Sentai with Power Ranger, hence the reason they dropped the "ranger" from all the future sentai teams?

ClimaxHeroDen-O

Ore, Sanjou!
I don't really care about any reason for it, I still don't like it. at the time that I'd started following super sentai and finding more about, it was during the early 00's, when it was super common to have "ranger" in the title. so to me, a sentai feels more like a sentai if it has "ranger" in the title

Shougo B'Stard

Would like to change his avatar
at the time that I'd started following super sentai and finding more about, it was during the early 00's, when it was super common to have "ranger" in the title. so to me, a sentai feels more like a sentai if it has "ranger" in the title

And I grew up with and like the "man" titles, so imagine how I feel!

Berty

Eenymeenyminymo
Random Japanese people I encounter think Kyoryuger is Kyoryu Ranger. I expect them to say Tokkyu Ranger!

Vitor

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger = Train Squadron Special Rescue Ranger.

2014 also happens to be the 15th anniversary of GoGoV. :thumbs:

YOU CAN'T RESCUE PEOPLE WITH TRAINS DAMMIT, IT'S JUST NOT ETHICAL!!

I think that this is going to be very popular Sentai. Since trains are a part of Japan's culture.

Trains are still popular everywhere. Why do you think Thomas The Tank Engine is still relevant?