2014 Sentai: Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger - News/Rumor Thread

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Their Robo is better to be as awesome as this one
GrandLiner.jpg

Mad Skillz
Wow, awesome!

Raging-Train Sentai Express-Ranger? I'm in.

How long till they announce the creative team? Hopefully they hire someone as interesting as Gen Urobuchi as head writer. Is it finally time for a Kunihiko Ikuhara sentai? :sly:

I wouldn't expect any big news until November or December, which tends to be when the toy catalogs and staff information slowly trickles out.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
first thing is i wasn't expecting trains for a new sentai, second is how will they make it more realistic?(like the previous rescue rumor was talking about).

i'm probably thinking of something more in lines to a steampunk sentai like there answer to the ever popular attack on titan(it wasn't much of a steampunk series but it had elements of it). and using a realistic way to fight with trains(before combining), like the trains staying in track and the rangers having to use the environment to weaken the monsters(before transforming of course). it could be interesting how this series could be done.

also maybe the rage could be like the kyoryuger's brave, just something to think about.

I've gone completely back and forth on this in the last couple of hours. At first I wasn't too thrilled, as I don't really find trains that cool. I can't really imagine train-themed Sentai helmets working well, and a mecha forming from trains just seems like a very boring five rectangular blocks become torso, arms and legs type combiner.

Then I remembered a few things:
1. If I'd been in the fandom 7 years ago I'd have been equally apprehensive about a train-themed Kamen Rider, and yet Den-O is one of my top three Rider series.
2. Just as 'Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters' gave us no clue the characters' helmets would be based on a cheetah, a gorilla, a rabbit and a pair of beetles, and 'Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger' gives us no clue that it would be arming its' characters with a blow-dryer, a megaphone and a mallet, the name of this series doesn't give us any clue what other gimmicks they'll include to add more interest.
3. I may not be into trains now, but when I was 2 or 3 years old, I was massively into the Thomas the Tank Engine books and TV show and had a big collection of toy engines. On the same principle, I can imagine a train Sentai being really popular with the little kids watching.

It seems like Kyoryuger is flying past, and I'm enjoying it enough that I can't say I'm looking forward to a time when it's not around, but that just means that a 'Vehement Kyoryujin' combination is on the way!!!

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I'm confused- is Tokkyger supposed to be Express Ranger, or Special Rescue Ranger?

I'm asking because one of the biggest rumors (we didn't have a rumor speculation thread this time) was that this would be another rescue themed sentai.

Of course, this was after "Go-onger vehicles" & "Navy" themes were also bashed around.

min snopp är gul
I'm confused- is Tokkyger supposed to be Express Ranger, or Special Rescue Ranger?

I'm asking because one of the biggest rumors (we didn't have a rumor speculation thread this time) was that this would be another rescue themed sentai.

Of course, this was after "Go-onger vehicles" & "Navy" themes were also bashed around.

Tokkyu is either high class, special holiday or express train. Judging from the ressha part, it should be express.
This title confirms that the 9 people Kyumeiger rescue rumor is fake.

Locomotive :p

You win this thread.

We could also board the Crazy Train, to make Ozzy proud.

Locomotive Task Force Express-Ranger
Crazy-Train Task Force Express-Ranger

Over-Time, I hope you're listening to this translation gold! Haha :p

In Justice, We Trust!
Just imagine Kyoruger VS Tokkyuger and maybe watch them do some sort of crazy dinosaur train hybrid thing.