Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Chef and Entertainer
Kamen Rider Gaimu will feature four Kamen Riders and multiple forms. These forms are called "Arms". These Riders are and their respective Arms are:

Gaim (鎧武) - Orange Arms, Pine Arms, Strawberry Arms and Watermelon Arms
Balon (バロン)- Banana Arms and Mango Arms
Ryugen (龍玄) - Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms
Zangetsu (斬月) - Muskmelon Arms

there is no "Pine Arms", it's going to be Pineapple's.

plus those were rumors from a week ago, some might be true but they were never meant to be real rumors.

Ore, Sanjou!
Kamen Rider Gaimu will feature four Kamen Riders and multiple forms. These forms are called "Arms". These Riders are and their respective Arms are:

Gaim (鎧武) - Orange Arms, Pine Arms, Strawberry Arms and Watermelon Arms
Balon (バロン)- Banana Arms and Mango Arms
Ryugen (龍玄) - Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms
Zangetsu (斬月) - Muskmelon Arms

...except there are confirmed to be 5 of them, we just don't know what fruit the last guy has

and I'm pretty sure nobody saw this coming. sure, we'd heard of multiple riders at the start, but I doubt anybody would have guessed 5 of them, and I dig 'em. like I thought, the theme this year is warriors, and fruit is just the motif, but for god's sake, enough with the fruit ninja jokes! none of them are ninja.

what I like about the suits is that the fruit gives each of their armors a unique pattern and texture. I can also get behind the Ryuki style of all riders having the same belt, though it looks like they all also have a shared weapon, alongside form-specific weaponry. I also like how there's a lot of difference between the five of them even though they're all built from a shared base body

also, a pic of JEFusion confirms that Gaim will have Pineapple and Strawberry forms, so I don't think Griton's fruit can't be pineapple, maybe coconut or something

Last edited:
Heroes are forever
That driver voice sounds familiar.

As for the premise:
Have Ryuutaros and JK been very popular? Was that Heaven's Tornado thing extremely well received? Are kids in Japan breakdancing everywhere? Is there anything telling us the reason why they picked that?

Also, from what little I've seen the premise is already making all of these kids look like idiots. Basically, they messed around and ended up being the cause of all these monsters terrorizing people. Well done, heroes.

Yggdrasil? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. How do you even pronounce that? By the way, this sounds like a combining of Garo Season 3 and W/Fourze. (While it does make sense in a shared universe, how many times are we going to repeat the "distribute devices to people to cause chaos" plot? Why not at least a variant of that, like stores or vendors selling devices en masse?)
Damn Foundation X is still at it.

I think the next Decade tagline was more because they knew Decade was going to get a lot of marketing, and they wanted to maintain that momentum and keep awareness of the show up. There's been a lot of comments about Double's creation saying that they were concerned that there might be a kind of "after the party" slump in interest after Decade.
Yeah, I could see that too.
Nevertheless, I liked it so much that I keep using it.

T.N.D.

Era names are always a bit weird. Going by the actual lifetimes of Emperors, Showa ended while RX was on the air. Any Rider since then would be a part of the current or modern era (not "Heisei", as Japanese custom dictates that using the actual name of an era while it's Emperor is still alive is disrespectful). However, the 90s one-shot Riders tend to get included in the "Showa" era because Ishinomori was still alive and involved, and that provides for an obvious dividing point. You could argue that it makes sense for lots of different divisions within the franchise - the Skyrider show labelled his predecessors as the "Legendary Seven Riders" and that seems to have been resurrected recently as if it was a distinct period. Equally, Skyrider and Black were both attempted reboots. ZX marked a new era of costume design. The 90's Riders along with some of the early 2000s shows had a much more serious tone than the shows before or since. Ryuki marked the first time that the title character was not physically modified in any way in order to become a Rider. I've often seen Den-O listed as an era change within Rider due to it's embracing of a new direction. And yes, finally, there's Double onwards. You can slice it a load of different ways.
There's nothing wrong with those other divisions you talked about. Labeling the 90's trio as Showa is wrong. It would be like saying Liveman is a 70's Sentai. I can understand people doing this when they don't know better, but if someone gains an understanding of era naming in Japan, they shouldn't do that. And Toei did it...

I can see how one would pair the 90's Trio with the Showa Riders due to Ishinomori, but you could just as easily use another name. In some places I've seen them be named as:

Rider 1-J: Ishinomori Era
Kuuga-onwards: Post-Ishinomori Era

I don't mind this division as long as it doesn't label all the pre-Kuuga Riders as from the Showa era.

You should really compare fruit with fruit and not fruit with vegetables.
Some months or years in the future, we will look back at this in awe.
''Wow, it's amazing how sometimes our predictions of the show come to happen. But this one wasn't even a prediction.''

I can't wait to see how vegetables will come into play in Gaimu. A vegetable Rider comes in and everyone is ignoring him/her, except Gaimu.
''You shouldn't discriminate vegetable Riders!''

Aronbafon
...except there are confirmed to be 5 of them, we just don't know what fruit the last guy has

and I'm pretty sure nobody saw this coming. sure, we'd heard of multiple riders at the start, but I doubt anybody would have guessed 5 of them, and I dig 'em. like I thought, the theme this year is warriors, and fruit is just the motif, but for god's sake, enough with the fruit ninja jokes! none of them are ninja.

what I like about the suits is that the fruit gives each of their armors a unique pattern and texture. I can also get behind the Ryuki style of all riders having the same belt, though it looks like they all also have a shared weapon, alongside form-specific weaponry. I also like how there's a lot of difference between the five of them even though they're all built from a shared base body

It's an old post that didn't account for Griton :laugh:

That driver voice sounds familiar.
A rumor is saying Katsuyuki Konishi will voice the driver.

Ore, Sanjou!
It's an old post that didn't account for Griton :laugh:

A rumor is saying Katsuyuki Konishi will voice the driver.

fine, though you didn't have to quote my entire post if you were just replying to one part of it. as for the other thing, Katsuyuki was the voice of Gurren Lagann's Kamina as well as GoseiKnight, and he generally has a very deep voice that doesn't sound like what we heard in the preview scene

Aronbafon
fine, though you didn't have to quote my entire post if you were just replying to one part of it. as for the other thing, Katsuyuki was the voice of Gurren Lagann's Kamina as well as GoseiKnight, and he generally has a very deep voice that doesn't sound like what we heard in the preview scene

He can still do some lighter voices. His Pinion voice is nothing like his deeper end.

Don't know how I feel about the break-dancing thing after seeing the preview video. Just hope this is not Toei trying to be hip. Oh and there are pocket monsters apparently. And I also wasn't one of the people hoping for another multi rider show. I guess they were easing into it with Wizard. I just feel like the shows tend to be a mess character wise.

And I think people underestimate with what you can get away with. Sure we won't get Madoka stuff but that's not necessary. Wizard has a serial killer who preyed on young women, OOO had a guy who burned they're sister alive. I'm just glad we have another new writer.

Ore, Sanjou!
He can still do some lighter voices. His Pinion voice is nothing like his deeper end.

okay, I had to look up who that was, so maybe you should specify what a certain character is from instead of assuming other people would know, and even looking up a clip of that character, he still doesn't sound like the Sengoku Driver. honestly, it sounds something more like the Leon Cellular or Beast Driver to me, but for sure it sounds like a past toei henshin item

Lurker

I'm just going to put you in the same category as the same kind of person LaZerWolfX is, due to this comment, because that's essentially what you did to me in one post. People in this forum have got to learn to stop attacking each other over opinions. If I wasn't talking to you in particular in the first place, why try and act like a wiseass? I didn't say jack **** about Kamen Rider being dead, and to be quite frank, it probably should just die at this point for it's own sake. Looks to me like they're running out of creative ideas that they're throwing Fruits, Samurai, and Breakdancing themes together. Maybe wait out a few years and do a Kuuga, revive itself. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be.

Which is why I'm going to warn you that acting like a sarcastic prick like HiddenMasta does (although we all know he doesn't mean any of those, he's the only exception because at least, as far as I can tell, his sarcasms are never meant to put down a person, like yours is doing at the moment) is only going to get you nowhere.

One. Let's start with Breakdancing. Step Up is what I would consider a breakdancing movie. Ryuutaros dancing at at a remixed version of Climax Jump is pure stupidity, it's not breakdancing, it's got no style, it's just there to let people have the impression "Oh look, he's a breakdancer" but that's really it, we don't know what style he dances, who his "crew" are. Sure, Takeru Sato can pull some dance moves alright, but if you're about to pull a series where Breakdancing is a theme, and the actors can't dance, then we'll have that horrible "Heaven's Tornado" arc in W, except it'll last a series long instead. I'd want to be awed by their dance moves, I don't want a show where they pretend to dance and have the camera move slower to make them look cooler, while they're all just doing the Kyuryuger dance.

If they can't dance, I don't want to see it. I mean it's not cool if it becomes a bother each time they appear, like what happens to the Kamen Rider Club in Fourze. Do you really need a crew of breakdancers as support when you already have what seems to be 5 Riders straight off at the beginning? Focus on those, not some game invented for the kids to play in that world (Which is probably for merchandising for kids that's just gonna last one year, great job Toei).

Two, when things become a theme, and they get taken overboard, it becomes messy, and becomes hard to manage because they writers themselves will get lost with all the damn details = Kiva, Decade, Fourze, Wizard.

The fact that we have so much info going into this "New Series", that seems like they took W's template, copy and pasted it, then shifted details and took other levels to the next extremes, I don't know, it all seems to good to even think it'll work. A ton of things might not always be good.

At least, I'm stating all that upsets me and not gradually accepting everything that Toei throws at me. In time, I might learn to accept it like I did with OOO, but as of this moment, it doesn't hit my standard as appealing.

EDIT: Also, that part about me complaining about them being pretty, well... suck it. I hate pretty boys, what do you want me to say? It's like asking me to watch One Direction try and be The Avengers... which is not gonna happen.

I'm sorry. I'm really am. I assumed you were a normal person. But turns out you are time traveler who has already seen the show and knows how the dancing is going to suck and that theme is messy and writters will get lost in details...

Seriously, you just assumed that all and posted a very negative post as if that was a fact.

Also, about pretty boys... as I've said, every single Kamen Rider was full of pretty boys. You can't blame Gaimu for that specifically. That's how the medium works.

Status
Not open for further replies.