2012/2013 Kamen Rider - Kamen Rider Wizard... CONFIRMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post!!
Utsunomiya? Well, he should be fine for a standalone series... I just hope this isn't going to be a crossover show now.

I doubt it. Utsunomiya is probably getting this on the strength of Shinkenger moreso than Gokaiger. Also because... Toei doesn't really employ a lot of other people with production experience at the moment. It would be Utsunomiya or an outsider at this point, if Toei didn't want to rely on somebody totally green.

The new Tendou Souji
He's talking about the series where Tsunomiya was actually the main producer, Shinkenger and Gokaiger. That's where the style of a producer is actually easily visible, not in the ones where he's just a secondary member of the production team. Geki's main producer was Tsukada.

Ahh, gotcha.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I doubt it. Utsunomiya is probably getting this on the strength of Shinkenger moreso than Gokaiger. Also because... Toei doesn't really employ a lot of other people with production experience at the moment. It would be Utsunomiya or an outsider at this point, if Toei didn't want to rely on somebody totally green.

Shinkenger had the best Sentai ratings of the last five years (although I suspect that's as much to do with the patriotic themes of the show as the production style,) so he seems like a logical choice. But I don't care who writes this thing as long as it is someone, anyone, other than Inoue

You're probably right, and I don't think it's really likely, especially considering how Tsukada/Fourze's team was told they couldn't do a team up show like Decade. Still, I just fear someone at Toei giving Utsunomiya another chance at a crossover tv show based on the good fan response to Gokaiger, presumably assuming that it underperformed in ratings due to Sentai's own audience.

I think something like that, if he took his approach to tv crossovers to Rider (and it likely failing to appeal yet again to general audiences), could just end up hurting the chances of any future crossovers outside of movies...

Shinkenger had the best Sentai ratings of the last five years (although I suspect that's as much to do with the patriotic themes of the show as the production style,) so he seems like a logical choice. But I don't care who writes this thing as long as it is someone, anyone, other than Inoue

Why are you so worried about Inoue anyway? It's pretty clear Toei won't give him a big role like main Rider writer nowadays.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
I know, but he haunts my nightmares *chases him out with a stick*

Henshin a Go-Go!!
God I'm getting so ancy:sly:, I REALLY wanna know something concrete about the upcoming rider.:disappoin

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Meh, I can wait a little longer. I finally got the chance to see some of Fourze, but I still have to finish it first, lol.

Nice post!!
You're probably right, and I don't think it's really likely, especially considering how Tsukada/Fourze's team was told they couldn't do a team up show like Decade.

Were they told that? I recall reading the statement translated more like, "Well, we didn't want to do another team-up show like Decade, but..."

Still, I just fear someone at Toei giving Utsunomiya another chance at a crossover tv show based on the good fan response to Gokaiger, presumably assuming that it underperformed in ratings due to Sentai's own audience.

To me it seems the show that's happening because of the strong fan response to Gokaiger is Akibaranger, which Utsunomiya has no involvement in (as far as I know). Part of me wonders if Arakawa and Utsunomiya may have had problems getting along during Gokaiger... there's a real tension in the show, it seems to be fighting itself at points. Akibaranger is far less conflicted.

I think something like that, if he took his approach to tv crossovers to Rider (and it likely failing to appeal yet again to general audiences), could just end up hurting the chances of any future crossovers outside of movies...

I'd wait and see what Fourze's ending is like. If we're going to see team-ups in a show, then I could see it being part of Fourze's season ender, sort of an homage to the Showa tradition of all the Riders showing up toward the end.

As for a regular crossover series... well, it's just a matter of what Toei wants to do. Back in the day, the crossovers were in part to promote merchandise of older Riders who were still a bit more popular than the new guy. Merchandise for new Riders does so well these days, I'd wonder if Bandai would really want the camera time split among a bunch of different properties? It made sense when Decade did it, but W and OOO have wildly exceeded Decade's merchandise numbers while focusing entirely on the new property (in the TV show, anyway).

Were they told that? I recall reading the statement translated more like, "Well, we didn't want to do another team-up show like Decade, but..."

IIRC, the quote went more like "we initially wanted to do a team up show, but it was similar to Decade which had just done that". He didn't specifically say that he was "told" by someone, but it sounded like something happened and changed the original concept for Fourze.

As for a regular crossover series... well, it's just a matter of what Toei wants to do. Back in the day, the crossovers were in part to promote merchandise of older Riders who were still a bit more popular than the new guy. Merchandise for new Riders does so well these days, I'd wonder if Bandai would really want the camera time split among a bunch of different properties? It made sense when Decade did it, but W and OOO have wildly exceeded Decade's merchandise numbers while focusing entirely on the new property (in the TV show, anyway).

If you look at the actual merchandising promotion these days though, they often use the image of the previous Riders. From games to McDonalds tie ins and even the collectibles in the main merchandising lines, Rider nowadays seems to be filled with images of past series being used everywhere outside of the tv shows themselves. Their presence actually seems to be even increasing - With it being limited to some rare Gaia memories during W, but expanding to full sets of medals in OOO and even some roleplay toys now during Fourze. So, the higher merchandising sales might be coming partially from this sinergy between new and old series. A crossover should help making new viewers aware of the past brands, like the old Showa crossovers did, so it should only help that side too.

Crossovers have worked so far for Rider as far as higher tv ratings go too - and it's in this point which I think Gokaiger was dangerous for future tv crossovers, due to the failure of the "crossovers" there to raise ratings after the first few episodes. Although I think it's due to the way the went about doing those crossovers - without actually doing hero x hero encounters but just hero x mentors - Toei might just look at it as proof that Decade was just a one off and modern tv audiences aren't interested in crossovers. I don't think they'll do that due to how the crossover movies are still continuing successfully, but, I guess there's always the possibility they'll consider movies and tv audiences separate ones...

Last edited:
Everywhere You Go
Went are we gonna get a manly looking actor for the main character, who's around the same age as the actors we get these days, instead of a cutesy one? The only manly ones we got recently were Eiji and Shotaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.