私の占いは当たる
From http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/01/19/2-arrested-for-modifying-figure/
Since people always seem to *****, yes, Sankaku does have NSFW pictures on it.

Police have arrested 2 hobbyists for the grievous crime of modifying a figure to look like another character, charging them with criminal copyright infringement.

The pair, aged 35 and 36 and involved with the operation of a Niigata toy shop, were found to have modified a figure to resemble a villain appearing in Toei’s Kamen Rider W, selling the completed figure in an Internet auction to a Tokyo man for ¥270,000.

The figure at issue was identified online:
88815468xkamenriderwfig.jpg

Reportedly their work was of exquisite quality and popular with fans of the show – certainly the case considering the quality of the work on display on their homepage.

They admit the charges, explaining that “As we weren’t making mass manufactured goods but a single hand-made item, we thought they would overlook it.â€

The arrests are an unhappy reminder that virtually anyone involved with doujinshi events, parody art and even cosplay is liable to be arrested should copyright holders become unhappy for some reason, or even should police get bored with arresting people for having sex in groups of 2 or more and instead decide to launch independent prosecutions for copyright infringement themselves.

Because I'm lazy, I only copied one picture. There are more at the source.

Red Falcon
Japanese Police have more important people to arrest than those 2 guys ... like corrupt politicians that are making the Japanese yen high :/

While is true they've infringed copyright laws, to arrest them seems to me completely stupid.
It's also true they were makin a profit from the figure -one or 100 is the same, since you're makin money anyway- but it's also true the japanese could bother more of mass-production of chinese bootleg DVDs/toy lines [just an example] instead these guys.

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
I blame people like Darkster. Fucking Doubletards. "Oh he modified a figure to look different, let's report him.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
There are more of these customs, right?

Red Falcon
There are more of these customs, right?

Just one.

I think Dan is referring to other customs that looks like Utopia (one thing that springs to mind for me is the custom ShinkenRed SIC) ... which could have been from the same guy

But, still, damn, people are willing to pay over $3000 just for a custom ... thats crazy ... just imagine the amount of money those 2 would have made from selling customs :O_O: