[J-MOVIE] 13 Assassins

dchoc

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Genre: Foreign, Action and Adventure
Official Site: http://www.13assassins.com
Director: Takashi Miike
Cast: Koji Yakusho, Takayuki Yamada, Yusuke Iseya Koyata, Goro Inagaki, Masachika Ichimura, Mikijiro Hira
Run Time: 126 minutes
In theaters: April 29th, 2011
Synopsis: Cult director Takeshi Miike (Ichi the Killer, Audition) delivers a bravado period action film set at the end of Japan's feudal era in which a group of unemployed samurai are enlisted to bring down a sadistic lord and prevent him from ascending to the throne and plunging the country into a wartorn future.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-IzbkXo7bo"]YouTube - 13 Assassins Trailer 2011 HD[/ame]

Mr G

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I wished I lived within an hour or two of any of the theaters it will playing at. :C

Blade Dancer

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I really need to get around to seeing this movie. I've found it online, just need to watch it. :thumbs:

Mang0TarD

SO glad this is coming to Santa Cruz. A friend of mine who's a big Miike fan and I, who has yet to see one are going this month... :D I'm mad excited.

G.K.

>.
Saw it in San Fransico last sunday. It was badass. I felt like Miike toned down his usual form of madness for the film. I say toned down and not removed because theres still a bit of crazyness to be found.

Mr G

I'll definitely get around to checking this out when it's released July 5th with lovely blu-ray treatment. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Mr G

So I checked Amazon today and noticed that the run time for the international blu-ray release is 126 minutes while the original movie is 141 minutes. :disappoin

Has anybody heard what was cut from the upcoming release?

VengeanceGOD

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
I saw this in a theater near me recently, and I really enjoyed it. Very different from what I expected, but the last fight was amazing.

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
Wait how do I know if it's in a theater near me? Are they playing at any Loews theaters?

That isn't a big deal though, if anyone knows where I can watch this online just give a shout out.

dchoc

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Wait how do I know if it's in a theater near me? Are they playing at any Loews theaters?

That isn't a big deal though, if anyone knows where I can watch this online just give a shout out.
You should check fandango.com, movietickets.com, or bigscreen.com

keithjustice

Administrator
Staff member
LOOOOOOOVED it. Did anyone else notice the kid for Keita Sousakan 7 was in it?

My only problem was I wanted the final guy to get a more brutal and drawn out death. He was the worst person imaginable.

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
Very enjoyable film! I was literally shaking in excitement when I was watching them all slash each other up. It's up there with my fav Samurai flicks now.

So I checked Amazon today and noticed that the run time for the international blu-ray release is 126 minutes while the original movie is 141 minutes. :disappoin

Has anybody heard what was cut from the upcoming release?
It was still good nonetheless even without the extra footage, though I would like to watch the 141min one too lol

LOOOOOOOVED it. Did anyone else notice the kid for Keita Sousakan 7 was in it?
Yup~ He was there, and also a guy from Justirisers was one of the 13 too. Shiro Jinno/Demon Knight: Kazuki Namioka.

Latest posts

Who's on Discord?

Mastodon