“You’re Next” Smarter Slasher Horror – Film Review

Administrator
Staff member
You’re Next is an energetic, fun, somewhat smarter than average slasher horror film with delightfully dark humor in the vein of the Evil Dead films. It’s one of those movies that you’ll want to see in a theater with a great audience.
In You’re Next, the Davison family is attacked by home invaders during a family reunion celebrating the 35th anniversary of the clan’s matriarch and patriarch. We’re first introduced to one of the sons, Crispian (AJ Bowen) and his new girlfriend, Erin (Sharni Vinson) on their way to his family’s enormous manor. During the exposition, we learn that Crispian comes from wealth and that he’s not looking forward to what he expects will be a tense family gathering. Erin takes it all in stride, even when he subtly warns her that things might get weird.
As the rest of the family arrives, we meet Crispian’s douchey, older brother, Drake, his pampered younger sister, Aimee and his nondescript...

Continue reading...

Cool, my boyfriends wants to see it but the posters looked lame so I’m glad to see a positive review and to hear it has a sense of humor. I’ve gotten incredibly bored of the wave of too-serious horror that we’ve seen in the past few years.

She took the kids Ryu
This movie shows not to mess up with Australians who grew up from the Outback. Erin is one of my favorite horror movie protagonists ever.

Administrator
Staff member
I saw You're Next again recently. Erin is still incredibly badass.

Hello Strangah!
I would have loved the assassins from this movie as Dead by Daylight killers, too bad they are too similar to Legion.

This is such an underrated movie. I had never seen a horror movie where the killers became the prey and the prey became the predator in the end.

Tower Climber
I've watched it four times and continue to like it more and more each time, making it unquestionably one of my favorite movies in AGES. The role reversal in the large group of individuals being eliminated one by one cliché is always enjoyable, the main female is wonderful, and it's just quite fulfilling all around. But it's unclear why she ever dated that guy. I loved the sound design and score.

Also this song is epic!
-