What are some best TV shows out there that you could watch continuously for hours?

We all have our favourites TV shows, but do you have any that you just spent hours watching episode after episode? That sort of show where every episode feels even more interesting than the previous one, where you catch yourself staying awake at 3 a.m. because there are "just 3 episodes left in that season"?

For me it is House. I love the medical parts because they are simple enough for a common mind to understand and yet very interesting. After some episodes I actually go on wikipedia and look up mentioned dieseases just to see how accurately they were portrayed in the show. There is even a webside dedicated solely to medical reviews of every episode.
The drama parts are equally enjoyable. In addition to every episode having interesting patient with their own life story, seasons are usually tied together by bigger story arcs, which get closure in the season finale.
My favourite seasons story-wise are 4th and 8th.

Anime Reviewer
For normal TV, I like the Originals. With some roots in Vampire Diaries (I don't dislike or like the show, it's decent) the Originals are a much more fast paced supernatural fest. Good music, likable characters, a plot line that anyone could enjoy, the Originals is pretty nice. I watch it week to week.

For anime, this airing schedule I watch: Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul Root A, Fafner Dead Aggressor: Exodus, Death Parade, Aldnoah Zero S2, Log Horizon s2, Fairy Tail s2, and DRRR!!!X2

I know exactly what you mean about having "series marathons"!. There are so many shows that I really enjoy and the increased popularity of Netflix etc. makes them all the more accessible. I can watch "Prison Break" over and over - although I admit that the last series got a little silly. I enjoy "House" too - especially as Hugh Laurie plays a part which is so different to all his previous wok.

Last edited:
Well, most TV show I've watched and kept watching were this kind of shows. Or maybe it's just the way I watch shows, like so many people now? Anyhow, I've binged watched Sailor Moon, Prince of Tennis, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, Chuck, Once Upon a Time, How I met Your Mother, Friends...

Some of them I even binged watched before binge watching was cool! ;)

NCIS. Whenever it would air on Fox one after the other I'd always be there to watch each and every episode. I love the show so much, that even if they're airing older episodes that day which I've seen before, I'd still watch it.

It isn't on the air anymore, but that show for me is LOST. My husband and I started watching on season 2 and binge watched season 1 in preparation for watching the new season when it aired. That being said, I could easily re-watch this series, for the third time, and fall into the trap of "Oooooh let's see what happens next" and find myself up until 2 am because I kept saying just one more episode!

More recently we binged on Broadchurch via Netflix which was really great as well as The Missing (thanks BBC broadcasting!) and both series seriously challenged my bedtime on a regular "school night". I highly recommend them!

My favourite is not on air anymore, too. It's House. I hope you guys watch it, too, and if you don't I hope you will. I also like The Vampire Diaries and The Big Bang Theory. These three keep me up for hours and I swear I'm like isolated in my own bell jar and forget everything else.

I
For normal TV, I like the Originals. With some roots in Vampire Diaries (I don't dislike or like the show, it's decent) the Originals are a much more fast paced supernatural fest. Good music, likable characters, a plot line that anyone could enjoy, the Originals is pretty nice. I watch it week to week.

For anime, this airing schedule I watch: Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul Root A, Fafner Dead Aggressor: Exodus, Death Parade, Aldnoah Zero S2, Log Horizon s2, Fairy Tail s2, and DRRR!!!X2
I've read you also watch anime so I'm recommending you to watch Sword Art Online. You won't regret it, dear. It's awesome to the highest level of usage of the word.

Anime Reviewer
I've seen all episodes and their ovas, Queen. I've been going anime for a long time now, but thanks for suggesting a cool show. I'm old (28) and I've been around awhile. I've seen a lot of shows.

Another one I just chainwatched is the "The 100"
Fantastic show.