General Discussion Countries to visit

I haven't been outside the continental United States yet. But that doesn't mean it won't happen. I have a few more places to cover, like the northeast coast, and New England, and I will have seen it all. Then I want to see Alaska and Hawaii. Then I want to take a Bahamas cruise. Then I would start making plans to see the rest of the world. This would be 5-10 years from now. The first country I would likely visit, would be an English-speaking nation, just so I wasn't thrown into too much of a culture shock. Likely, it would be Scotland, as that is where my ancestors are from.

I love Brazil but of course I want to see the world. I'd never want to settle down anywhere else other than Brazil (maybe America) but you can be happy where you live and still want to travel/see the world. I really want to visit England, Ireland, Japan and Australia!

Going to Spain in january, who knows where else after.

I know it isn't really that far from me in the UK but I would love to visit mainland Greece and Athens in particular. The weather and the food would be beautiful and I would like the chance to visit the historical locations. I have visited a few Greek islands for beach holidays but they offered little in the way of culture.

I personally would like to tour New Zealand. Being a huge LOTR's, I would like to see the set and all the different locations they filmed he movies at. Hopefully I get the chance to go one day!

I will second you on that one! Rohan, got to go to Rohan! Would love to see the key places used in the films. There was a programme on the other week here in the UK where one of our presenters went over and visited the iconic places. He was totally beside himself when he went to the river where Arwen rode her horse and the waves overtook the Wraiths on their horses. My friend was 'a villager' in The Hobbit films. Bit jealous.

I haven't been outside the continental United States yet. But that doesn't mean it won't happen. I have a few more places to cover, like the northeast coast, and New England, and I will have seen it all. Then I want to see Alaska and Hawaii. Then I want to take a Bahamas cruise. Then I would start making plans to see the rest of the world. This would be 5-10 years from now. The first country I would likely visit, would be an English-speaking nation, just so I wasn't thrown into too much of a culture shock. Likely, it would be Scotland, as that is where my ancestors are from.

Yes, get yourself to Scotland........an amazingly pretty part of our country. And despite quite a lot of them wanting independence, I still see this gorgeous place as part of our UK. My family come from there, but moved down into England in my generation. Amazing.

I've travelled a lot in Canada, in Europe and in Asia. I'd like to go to the places I've never been to - Africa (maybe get in shape and climb the Kilimanjaro!), South America, New Zealand (OMG I'd love to go to Rohan!), maybe Russia and the Scandinavian countries. I'd also like to visit Turkey, it looks beautiful and they have suuuuch great food!

Well, I guess I'd want to go to most European countries such as the Netherlands. Really though, any country with rich culture and has good tourist spots will work for me.

There are so many countries around the world that I want to visit and specific landmarks in each country that I want to see or cities and stuff like that. I haven't even seen the majority of my own country, since I've only been to countries on the east coast before and I've never traveled any farther into the states.