Tech How often do you charge your phone?

C

CyberGal

Yeah ally79, it sounds like you really do need a new phone. Mine isn't quite that bad yet. It will hold the charge but I just don't want to be without the only phone I own LOL Of course, mine is only a little over a year old and yet I just really want to come into the modern era and get a smartphone. The one I have right now isn't easy to text with and it seems like everyone wants to text not call me anymore. I just say I can't text on my phone but that's getting old/irritating for me.

I charge my phone every 12 hours and I try to keep doing that as much as I can, as I don't want my phone battery to end-up like my old phone's. In my old phone, the battery would be consumed only after 20 minutes of using the phone for browsing the internet! I think that the battery in my old phone was damaged because I used to leave my phone in the charger overnight and I never used regular charging patterns which even lowered my battery life more. I am trying to do the opposite with my new phone now. I also downloaded an application that keeps me on track of my battery's health and charge. It tells me how much time is left for all possible uses of my phone, before I need to charge it again.

I wish if I can have a wireless charging feature in my phone. However, wireless charging is very inefficient, inconvenient and expensive. I am sure that future technology will enhance wireless charging and make it more efficient, but until that day we just have to charge our phones the good old way, with the charger!

C

CyberGal

I've heard different things about prolonging the life of a battery. Some say that frequently charging your phone is important while others say that you should let the battery run down before charging it again. I'm not sure who's right but would sure love to see some actual research information about it.

I feel like my phone is constantly on the charger when it can be. My phone is broken though and it dies basically once it passes 30 percent, which really sucks. But I know that I definitely charge my phone too much, but I do it because when I go out I always get really anxious when my phone isn't charged.

Depends on my use, but certainly once a day. If I have had a relatively low-usage day, I will throw it on the charger at night, before I go to bed. If I am watching videos, a lot during the day I might have to give it a hour or so plug-in during the day, or at primetime.

I charge my phone daily. Actually, I rarely unplug it. I only unplug it when I'm expecting a call and need to go somewhere. :p I have it running PerkTV though.

However, I heard someone said that don't charge your phone overnight, because it will hurt the battery.
Is it true??
Just charging overnight isn't that bad for it. Back a few years ago it may have been worse. Now a days most phones are made to stop the overflow to the battery. If you leave it plugged in for extended periods of time (a few weeks to a few months at a time) it does tend to reduce the life of the battery faster. I have a couple phones that I leave plugged in nearly 24/7 and their batteries are still perfectly fine. I unplug them about once a month to let the battery fully drain.

It really depends if it's already dying or not. If I'm on it for a long time I'd usually end up having to charge it by the end of the day, maybe even in the middle of the day. But there are also times when I go about my business as if my phone doesn't exist and I wouldn't have to charge it until the next day or something. Even if I don't touch it though the battery slowly depletes.

There are times when I'm using my phone all the time, so I end up charging it at least twice a day. Lately though, I haven't really been using my phone that much so I haven't really needed to give it a charge. I just went two days without charging my phone at all (which really shocked me) so it all depends on how much I need it.

I just got a new phone so I just have to charge it once a day. But usually for me, it depends on whether how much i'm using the phone. So if i'm playing games or browsing the internet then usually I had to charge it more often.

It depends on how much I have been using it and what I have been using it for. I can get away with a few days between charges if I only text or make calls. Browsing the internet or using the map app eats into the charge so fast.