Books Books that you have failed to finish

sos

The books which I failed to complete are a trilogy on Merlin. The book is just so large with an interesting storyline but develops too slowly that it becomes boring. The other one is Winning by Jack Welch; the book has got many great management tips. However, the book never gets to the point with any of its main points.

I have been halfway through Against the Day by Thomas Pynchon for over a year now. I love it, but the actual plot is not critical so I keep drifting away from it.

I am usually pretty good about reading my books from start to finish. There was only one book that I didn't finish, which was the Twilight series. I read the first book in the Twilight series, which I only read the first half of chapter one in book one. I didn't bother to continue because I have tried 3 times before I finally decided to give up on the series.

I'm still trying to read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Awesome book...I just can't seem to pick it back up again.

The one book that I just couldn't finish is one that most love. That would be Fifty Shades of Gray which didn't peg my interest at all. I read about five pages of it and couldn't understand why it was so popular.

Catch 22 but that wasn't because I didn't enjoy it! I had a lot on at the time and I just never went back to it.
Lord of the Rings I got halfway through the third book and gave up and watched the film. I really enjoyed the first two books the last one just seemed to drag.

I read one paragraph of Fifty Shades of Grey and I couldn't take any more. I just couldn't believe something so badly written would be published.:eek:

Catch-22 was one I could never finish. I'm not sure why. I started reading until about four or five chapters and I just couldn't read anymore. I'm not sure why. It wasn't bad. It was a little bizarre.

And ugh, 50 Shades of Grey. It's basically badly-written, toxic Twilight fanfiction with the names changed. Plus it misrepresents what BDSM is all about: safety and consent. It romanticises an abusive relationship and ... seriously, we don't need any more of that hanging around, that crap is toxic. >:U

I have... so many books I've started but never finished. The most recent one was The Color of Magic. It's wonderful, but I tried to read it at school between classes and lunch and I think it's probably best read in one or two sittings. It really requires a time investment or at least attention investment... and that's two things I have very little of at the moment :)

I've never failed to finish any book, even when I read the worst book series ever, the Baldur's Gate novels, I'm just that stubborn that I read them all even though they were horrible.

Hahahahah yes. Guilty as charged.

For me it was 'The Wealth of Nations' by Adam Smith

wealth-of-nations.jpg

And "Story of Civilization VII :The Age of Reason Begins" by Will & Ariel Durant

868267.jpg

Both are very interesting and revolutionary books in their time and I would readily recommend them to anyone but the classic English used makes it hard to read (I mean, they often use a whole needlessly elaborated paragraph where a simple sentence would have suffice) and the books are a little bit too drawn out.

I hope to finish those two books one day when I have more patience and free time. hahaha

Haha, I also failed to finish Smith's "The Wealth of Nations." So very dry. I really do want to finish it someday.

A book I'm currently working on and just cannot finish for the life of me is Crime and Punishment. I've heard that it's an amazing book and it's definitely something, but I just can't find the will to finish. The entire book feels like it's written with exclamation points and so frantically, which of course suits the theme but it's just so annoying for me to read. Not to mention, I'm not interested enough to actually find out what happens. I think I may just have to give up unfortunately.

I can't seem to finish the book Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I think its already been more than a year and I'm still struggling to get past the first few chapters. I've tried very hard to read it since I've read such wonderful reviews about the book but I still find it to be extremely boring. I just don't like the characters and the way it's written always puts me to sleep. Another book that I can't seem to finish is a Helen Keller's book "The Story of my Life". She's a great woman but her book bore me to death.