Tech Custom built PC vs pre-built

What do you guys preffer?
I personally preffer custom built PCs, because I know exactly what I put in there, so I know pros and cons of my PC. I also think that if you build your own PC, you can get a little more for the same money as you would pay for the pre-built PC.

What do you guys preffer?
I personally preffer custom built PCs, because I know exactly what I put in there, so I know pros and cons of my PC. I also think that if you build your own PC, you can get a little more for the same money as you would pay for the pre-built PC.
Custom PC's are the better choice if you ask me, you will save a bunch of money, you can have exactly what you want and it's really fun if you like the hands on work. People can customize the PC for you if your not into the tech side of things, but it's well worth it in the end.

I'd say custom. A custom build allows you to pick your parts, and ensure high quality components, something not guaranteed with a prebuilt system.

I prefer custom built PCs. I mainly use my computer for gaming; and it's difficult finding a PC that is up to gaming standards without the huge "Gaming PC" price tag tacked on. I've noticed that a lot of pre-built PC's have either a good graphics card or a good processor. They rarely have both.

As for having someone build it or building it myself, I prefer to have someone else build it. I was never good with hardware. :D Besides, when I had mine custom built (3 years ago) it was actually cheaper to have it made than it would cost me to buy the parts. I'm not sure if it's still that way, but I ordered a cyberpower computer. Took forever to get here though. It took almost two months. :confused:

If you're patient enough, have the time, and budget, a custom desktop is the better option. Being able to choose your parts individually is much more budget friendly and oftentimes better in terms of preference in quality compared to pre-made ones. You can choose which part to really spend money on (RAM/gfx/etc), which ones to keep at average to just upgrade later on and much more.

You don't really have to put it all together by yourself, just, choose the parts and get someone else to build it for you if you don't know how to do it.

The OP asked which we prefer in the way of a PC- custom or off-the-shelf. The answer
largely depends on the intended use. If the PC is bought primarily for office work,
I would say I would want off-the-shelf, and I would make sure the PC came with
Office bundled in with the price. If the intended use were gaming, it would make
more sense to custom build a PC. It must be mentioned, though, that custom
building for gaming can lead to tweaking for gaming, and the real game that
the builder is playing is to build the best rig, and he or she sort of forgets about playing any
games. I have seen it happen.