What is the best video game that you ever played?

My all-time favourite video game is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the Sony PlayStation! It just edges out the more traditional Super Castlevania as my favourite game in the series, and I moreover thought that it was a truly refreshing take on the franchise and is vastly superior to previous attempts to mix things up with Castlevania II and Castlevania 64!

I much prefer Alacard to the usual have-whip-will-travel Belmont descendant, and Symphony of the Night did a fantastic job of incorporating gaining experience points, implementing special moves and vampiric powers, and finding hidden special items into the gameplay! And, in addition to that, the bosses had a great scale and true gravitas to them that went well beyond just being another enemy!

Even more impressively, the shift from individual stages to a giant single over-world that you can backtrack and explore at leisure, in a fashion similar to Metroid and Blaster-Master, was truly, absolutely phenomenal! Especially when you consider that half of this over-world was an upside mirror image of the castle from the first half of the game! Many players often thought the completed the game, only to discover that there was a way to re-play it that opens up a second castle of equal size and more difficult enemies! :eek:

Symphony of the Night: now that was a game! :cool: :D

Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg

@aboleth_lich - How could I not list this game?! (I've honestly been on a Dragon Age kick that I forgot about it! Shame on me!)

Everything you said about this game is absolutely true! I remember watching my aunt play this years back when I was kid! Then, I got interested in the game myself when I got older and she gave me a copy. This is the number one Castlevania that is re-done and re-implemented in other consoles over and over again! (Mainly because the people that made this game was given free-reign. Do more of this, Konami!)

The Kingdom Hearts series by far! However, it probably has something to do with my love affair with Disney and Final Fantasy! ;)

I couldn't narrow it down to just one. Fallout 3, Alan Wake, Motocross Madness 2, No One Lives Forever, Shadow Warrior, Ghostbusters and the first Halo are the games that come to mind. Yes, I said Ghostbusters. That game was a ton of fun on the 360. It's a shame it didn't catch on.

There are many best games that I've played for the past ten years of gaming. I'll pick five favorite games not in particular order: Kingdom Hearts, GTA SA, Bully, Metal Gear Solid, and of course Counter Strike: Global offensive.

I don't really know why, but when I was a kid I loved the wario game that came out for gameboy. I haven't played it in years, and I'm a huge Pokemon fan otherwise.

Mushroom Kingdom Expert
There are a lot of video games out there and some are simply better than the others. When I was growing up, I played a bunch of games on the N64 and Gamecube. Honestly, the best video game I've played is super smash bros melee (gamecube). My friends would always come over and we would always have a mini tournament. It was really great :). I've never had an experience like this with other video games so this is why I consider this one the best.

So what is the best game you ever played?
Among the many great video games I've experienced on Modtodays, one in particular has stuck with my mind and heart is "Lost Horizon". "Lost Horizon" is a fascinating and psychological adventure game that takes the player on a global exploration adventure in the 1930s. With beautiful graphics, detailed background and engaging storyline, the game This made for a memorable gaming experience. In the game, the player takes the role of Fenton Paddock, an adventurer and adventurer, and joins him in uncovering the mysterious mysteries of the world. Moreover, the sound and music in the game are also commendable, on modtodays there are many interesting games that can be downloaded for free.

RDR2. Few games currently captivate me, but RDR2 drew me in like a long novel. I understand that some people dislike the long skinning/cooking animations, on-rails missions, and so on, but I think they enhanced the experience for me. You must try CSGO BHOP Commands and then tell me how much did you enjoy them.

Most open world games irritate me because they lack direction and are littered with busywork. Open world games, like Ubisoft's, feel extremely "video gamey" to me, in a bad way. RDR2's environment seemed so alive and genuine that simply riding about and spending time in it with no clear objective was a thrill. I believe my media preferences have shifted with time, and I now like slow-burn material. Movies, literature, and other works that take their time. RDR2 has the appearance of a video game.

Last edited:
The best game for me at the time was street fighter 2. I played that game everyday for awhile. I would have to say Super Mario Bros. was my second favorite. Technology has came a long way since then, and there are a bunch of new games to choose from as a favorite, but the classics never die!
As you mentioned, technology has progressed significantly since the days of Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario Bros. Today, we have a vast array of new games to choose from, each offering unique experiences and cutting-edge graphics. While it's exciting to explore these modern games, it's important to acknowledge the enduring value of the classics.

If you're looking to share your love for classic games without detection, there are a few strategies you can employ. Firstly, you can incorporate your personal experiences and memories with these games into your discussions. Talk about specific moments, challenges, or characters that made the games special for you. This adds authenticity to your conversation and makes it more relatable.