Old Mummy Movie Vs New Mummy Movie

The older Mummy movies were more scary, except for Abbot & Costello Meet's The Mummy of course, which I like very much. My favorite Mummy movie is The Mummy with
Brendan Fraser. I like some old Mummy movies as well as some new ones.

The new Mummy movie is great (Tom Cruise and Sofia Botella). I have not seen the old one but the new one got a lot of great reviews (I mean its Tom Cruise. Every movie that man is in turns to gold :) ).
Botella is making quite a name for herself in action thrillers. First it was her sterling performance in The Kingsman, now its the Mummy.

Last edited:
"The Mummy" reboot which starred Tom Cruise has been both critical and commercial flop. Great reviews? Reviews are bad, based on critics reviews. The film's gross is lower than it was expected. The special effects might be good, but I still prefer the ones from Brendan Fraser. At least it has the humor, and more family friendly.

There are numerous movies with the name Mummy. Of all the movies I have watched, I liked the new Mummy movie very much (the one that features Tom Cruise). What I like about this movie is how the story builds up in the movie. The plot, storyline, suspense elements, and characterization are also great. The open ending is also great that leaves viewers jaws dropping.
How do you compare new Mummy with the old Mummy.
I like the new one as well. But I discovered that it's fake in it's originality..The scenes, history, costumes were assumed.. I rate it so low now because it was all about impressing the mass and earning fast without consideration of factors such as culture.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
There are numerous movies with the name Mummy. Of all the movies I have watched, I liked the new Mummy movie very much (the one that features Tom Cruise). What I like about this movie is how the story builds up in the movie. The plot, storyline, suspense elements, and characterization are also great. The open ending is also great that leaves viewers jaws dropping.
How do you compare new Mummy with the old Mummy.

I am a movie fan and have actually watched the movie like 5 times since it came out. The thing about the movie that trips me a lot is the adventure involved in it.

For instance, the Egyptian history is filled with mummy stuffs just like in the movie. Lots of incantation was done by the Princess in her quest to take the Throne ; even to the extent of summoning the evil spirit of death to take over her body. I loved the black ruins and inscriptions made on her body by the spirit.

The movie was quite interesting and I am looking forward to the next one they are going to produce.

I have not seen the new mummy movie-but to me the original is scary because of the face of Boris Karloff and his acting is hard to beat as well. The movie "The Mummy" made in 1932 has Karloff in it and he plays Imhotep-a evil and ancient egyptian priest who rises from the dead when his grave is disturbed -and then he pursues a woman who he thinks is the reincarnation of his old love.

Last edited:
It's hard to not enjoy any Mummy movies. Each one is unique in its own way. The cast is really what affects the success of the film. I have not seen the new "Mummy" film, but I'm sure that it will be phenomenal.

I think it's even heresy to compare the old mummy to this new mummy. I mean, this "remake" (if it can be called that, of course :rolleyes:) was a complete mistake and fails to capture the essence of the original (which is infinitely superior).

I think that both new and old movie mummy has great difference.New mummy has not nostalgia like old movie.New mummy is not interesting than old mummy.The scenes in new movie are not real but all are imaginary.But in the end new movie has its own value and interest to enjoy.

I think that both new and old movie mummy has great difference.New mummy has not nostalgia like old movie.New mummy is not interesting than old mummy.The scenes in new movie are not real but all are imaginary.But in the end new movie has its own value and interest to enjoy.