Walking dead stuntman dies

Some sad news for Walking Dead fans, John Bernecker, a stunt performer for the popular Walking Dead TV series died on Friday after a fall on the show's set in Georgia. It is believed he died after blunt force trauma to the head as he fell from quite a height, around 20ft from a balcony if I remember correctly. He was reportedly placed on a ventilator after the accident, which was turned off on Thursday.

"We are deeply saddened by this loss and our hearts and prayers are with John's family, friends and colleagues during this extremely difficult time," the network said in a statement.

RIP Bernecker

It was a very sad event. :(

Unfortunately, this won't have the necessary recognition for the media. :confused: But I hope God comforts his family.

This is very sad indeed. And to think, this kind of fatal accidents on sets happen a lot. The most known incident probably was Brandon Lee's death while filming The Crow back in 1994, but fatal accidents on set are as old as the film industry itself.

That's quite sad to be honest, even though i have never paid much attention to stuntmen, their jobs are very risky.

There are so many risks to pulling a stunt, either on screen or off. It has caused the death of many actors namely Brandon Lee, Paul Walker and now John Bernecker. Jason Statham and Jackie Chan have reportedly been injured many times while performing stunts. Is there another way to transpose the stunts using 3D and 4D imaging instead of live action? Condolences to his family and friends. So sad..

I don't think the stunt business, motorcycling, flying, and the military are inherently dangerous. Instead, people on rare occasions make tragic mistakes. For instance, looking at real percentages, I'd say the overall death rate is very low for people following all safety procedures.

Anyway, I am sad about the death, but I guess that's life.

Someone had most likely made a mistake which caused his death and unfortunately I've known of many cases. That job is way too risky no matter how much it pays as this can happen and no money in the world can't bring them back.

I don't watch the show, but what an unfortunate incident. But I guess that's just part of the hazards of that kind of job. He probably landed wrongly during a shoot.