Disney Reveals Plans To Dump Dozens Of Shows From Streaming

Administrator
<p>There was a lot of reckless spending at Disney during the Chapek Era, mostly to prop up the Disney+ streaming service with a large flow of original content. But now the bubble has burst, the bills are coming in and Iger has returned to mop up the mess. And unfortunately, one of the decisions he’s made is to pull a Zaslav on much of the library both Disney+ and Hulu built up these past three years.</p>

Some of the content on the list are movies and not tv shows. Why remove movies? This does not make sense like what HBO Max did,

The list of canceled shows of Disney Plus and Hulu is still smaller compared to the shows canceled by Netflix,Fox and NBC. I wonder if they will sell them for syndication.

Y: the Last man flopped and got canceled on Hulu because they barely promote it and put so much politics on it. It disrespected the source material. Would have been a great show in the right hands.

Press the button
I have to say, I'm really disappointed with Disney's decision to remove so many shows from their streaming platforms. It feels like they're shooting themselves in the foot by giving Netflix an opportunity to strengthen its position even further. I hope Disney has a backup plan to keep their subscribers engaged.

Removing such a large number of shows from Disney+ and Hulu seems like a risky move. It's not just about the content itself, but also the perception it creates among subscribers. If people feel like their favorite shows are constantly being taken away, they might start looking for alternatives, and Netflix is definitely going to benefit from that.

Ultimate Hannah Montana fan
I understand that Disney wants to be more selective with their content and focus on driving subscription growth, but removing a significant portion of their library doesn't seem like the best way to achieve that. It might actually push some subscribers towards other platforms, where they can find a wider range of shows and movies.

She took the kids Ryu
I feel betrayed I thought they are different from Netflix but now they feel worst.