Couch Command Podcast - THE LAST OF US

Anyone who had notice that after the success of this we got so many Video Game adaptations left and right trying to achieve what will this achieve. There is a Resident Evil zero adaptation, A street Fighter Adaptation and many more movies promising to be faithful to source material.

Damn, this series made me afraid of eating mushrooms for a 2 months. I am slowly bringing back the edible fungi to my diet but the trauma is still there. It also made me gluten free for weeks.

Manifesting more seasons of Arcane
I won't say it is the most faithful to the source material because they made so many changes but they still manage to capture the essence of the story. The characters can still be recognized despite the changes. Most of the changes are for the better too.I believe that the fact that they clearly cared about the source material contributed to its high quality. Because the game was a fantastic film experience in and of itself, they knew when to change things and when to leave them alone. I appreciated the changes they made, and the changes they didn't make gave me the satisfaction of acknowledgement. They had liberties, but not to the point where they were unrecognizable, like in those horrendous Resident Evil films.

Hello Strangah!
Great show and it made the show reach out to non gamers without pissing off fans.
It works because it is true to the source material, and I completely agree that the problem with many adaptations and why they fail is that the writer believes they can surpass the original and that arrogance alienates fans.
The majority of the changes are perfectly acceptable or minor.
They also made narrative tweaks that made sense and indicated that the show's producers are capable storytellers.

fun bridge monkey
This adaptation would have failed if its movie because many important plots will have to be trimmed to an hour. Turning this into a series just works well.

Kai

The best television shows and movies all successfully tell a human story. We became interested in movies and TV series in this way. I have a really deep connection to Joel because of Pedro Pascal's portrayal of him, the changes are also an improvement instead of a negative.

Joel's march through the hospital is framed the way it is because it is not meant to be an entertaining, heroic action scene. It's not about us being concerned for Joel's safety or witnessing him be a badass. It's purposefully melancholy and sad as we see Joel's spiral into violence as he conducts a heinous and selfish act of love. We are not expected to cheer anything he does, whether we agree or disagree with him. It's a bad decision, and I believe there's a strong indication that he's trying to save his dead daughter as much as he's trying to save Ellie.The entire scene is magnificent, and it builds to a climax as we see him continue his descent by lying to Ellie, carrying out the horrific deed, and tainting their relationship in the process.