Knights of the Zodiac, 1980s Anime gets Hollywood live action treatment

Raccoon City Survivor
<p>Knights of the Zodiac, is probably the best looking Hollywood adaptation of an Anime I had seen so far. This is based from the 1980s anime, Saint Seiya. I see progress in Hollywood’s part this time because Seiya is played by Japanese Actor, Mckenyu. After going through white washing seeing white actors playing Asian characters for a century, Finally an Asian lead in an Anime Adaptation. Remember When Scarlett Johansson played by Major Motoko Kusanagi, Or Justin Chatwin playing Son Goku. I also still have nightmares when Nat Wolff played Light Yagami. Success of Asian American movies like Crazy Rich Asians,Shang-chi and Everything,Everywhere all at once change the narrative for Asian Actors. We can also consider the success of Asian Streaming originals in American television. If this movie was done in 2008, A White actor will be playing Seiya.</p>

I enjoy Saint Seiya since a kid, but I hope they don't change the plot. There is no need to invent anything new because the story is already a work of art in and of itself. I'm glad Seiya isn't played by a white actor. Whitewashing is not acceptable in 2023. I'm pleased that a Japanese actor was cast in a Hollywood film to play a Japanese character. Perhaps more accurate character portrayals will appear in future Hollywood films.

I perceive an effort to keep a particular essence and the "try" to express it despite the adaption and some ambiguities. Fast battles, powers, constellations behind the warriors... I will back it out of love for the series! I truly hope the complete movie is as excellent as the trailer since it might be the only opportunity for it to succeed. As soon as I was able to watch Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac in the States, I became a fan of the original anime. Although while I can't expect it to be an identical replica of the series, I hope they do it justice.

Aspiring God of Destruction
Dragonball fan, I am kind of jelous that the live action adaptation I end up having is a disgusting piece of crap. This one looks like they handled it with so much love and care. I want this to do well so those Boomer Hollywood directors will be proven wrong about Asians not being a box office draw.

My love is electrifying from above
I have no idea that Mackenyu is in hollywood now, he is very popular in Japan and I didnt even know he an speak English. Now I know how Koreans felt when BTS became big in the US.

Red Light Green Light
Never watched Saint Seiya because it never aired in my free tv when I was little but this movie looks good. They gave a Japanese actor a great support cast of Hollywood actors, Hope he succeeds. It still stings to me when Rain failed to crack Hollywood because Ninja Assassin didn't do well.

I am so glad that Hollywood is taking note of the success of Asian American movies and streaming originals, and giving more opportunities to Asian actors. It's about time we see more diversity on screen, and I hope that Knights of the Zodiac will be a success, not just for the sake of the franchise, but also for the sake of representation in Hollywood. I think this is the representation I want to see, Now what Disney has been doing lately.

I remember watching the original Saint Seiya anime when I was younger, But I never expected there will be Hollywood live-action adaptation.

There's Plastic tree
I'm happy to see that Asian performers are getting more opportunities in Hollywood as an Asian American. It's past time for us to witness more truthful portrayal on screen, and I'm happy that Knights of the Zodiac is making an effort to make amends for previous errors. Not only for the sake of the series, but also for the future of diversity in the entertainment business, I hope this film succeeds. If this movie was made in 2005, Justin Timberlake would have played Seiya because Hollywood is that discriminatory back then.

abolish republic
I'm not familiar with the original Saint Seiya anime, but the Hollywood live-action trailer piqued my interest. After watching the trailer, I must say that the film appears visually stunning and action-packed. I'm especially looking forward to seeing these armored warriors because they look cool. This film, in my opinion, has the potential to introduce new audiences to the franchise while also drawing attention to the importance of representation in Hollywood.