Couch Command Podcast: The Mandalorian, The Last of Us, Hunter x Hunter and More!

Resident of Bandora's Palace
Is Hunter Hunter ever going to be finished? I got frustrated by Hiatus after Hiatus.

Cock-a-doodle-doo
I wish TLOUS was a little longer so I could get a better sense of how long the journey is, how dangerous the surroundings are, and how much time they spend together. It's difficult to predict where it will go, but perhaps just one episode of them dealing with typical threats like needing food or dealing with infected woven into some of the minor story beats would have made it feel a little more complete.

Pedro Pascal starring in two hit tv shows simultaneously is well deserve. What a talented actor, He shows his acting chops in The Last of US and in Mandalorian, he still manage to make us attached to a character with no face.

JJ

The last of us feels like a celebration of life and love without being overly cheery or happy, which is something I've grown to enjoy and learn about. When people let their guard down or give themselves up for love, laughing, and the enjoyment of others' company, a recurring motif emerges. They will receive death as a reward, and Joel realizes that even someone who has grown so cynical and cruel is susceptible to the connections made by others. For the sake of love, he accepted a huge risk that ultimately led to his death. Maybe somewhat poetically, but without the people that make life worthwhile, it is not worth living.

Although every performance in "Knock at the Cabin" was flawless, David Bautista was the real star of the movie. His role was sympathetic, commanding, and tinged with a little sadness, and his performance was sophisticated. There were times when I cried for everybody because of their circumstances. I can't believe I am saying this because I was one of his haters when he was a wrestler. He is great as an actor and might be the first one to win an award.

I agree that Dave delivered an outstanding performance. I particularly liked the camera angles and close-up shots because they helped the viewer understand the characters' emotions.

Wanderer of the Mind
I hope Togashi's health will improve so Hunter X Hunter can get finish and he can move on to a project he is actually passionate with.