Godzilla Meets Pirates In IDW's Here There Be Dragons

Staff member
<p>The question of how long Godzilla has been around depends on what canon we’re accepting. Originally he was the product of atomic radiation, which means he could not have existed in the 1500s — but in IDW’s upcoming miniseries he is much older, which allows him to be encountered by old-school, peg-legged, yarrrr-ing pirates. That’s the premise behind Godzilla: Here There Be Dragons.</p>

Protector of the Ocean
Whoa, I never thought Godzilla and pirates would mix together! I'm interested to see how the creators of Old Lady Harley will approach a monster like Godzilla in this future comic book series because it sounds like a fun and interesting premise.
I'm eager to read Here There Be Dragons as a Godzilla fan and find out whether Sir Francis Drake actually did come into contact with the king of the monsters.It's interesting to observe how multiple canons can alter a character's history and age, such as Godzilla. Which version will this comic be based on?

The fact that the story is told through the eyes of a crewman who is about to be executed adds to its intrigue and suspense.It's exciting to see IDW expanding the Godzilla universe with unique and imaginative ideas like Here There Be Dragons. I'm excited to see the artwork in this series, particularly how the artists depict the pirates and the island where Godzilla is said to reside.

I can already see the massive and action-packed battle scenes between Godzilla and the pirates. This is going to be a fantastic series!I'll definitely mark my calendar for the release of the first issue in June. Both Godzilla fans and pirates should read it, as it is quickly becoming clear.

To me, this sounds like the perfect summer read! I can't wait to immerse myself in the world of pirates and gigantic monsters.
It's always fascinating to see how various creative teams approach well-known characters like Godzilla. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tieri and Miranda will bring to the table.I'm curious if this comic book series will have any connections to the Godzilla films or other media. That would be a fun easter egg for fans to find.The idea of a lost voyage and a hidden conspiracy involving Godzilla fascinates me. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story develops.

Here There Be Dragons, the series' name, makes me chill just thinking about it. It's a wonderful homage to old atlases and tales of unexplored lands.What kind of research was conducted for this comic book series? Did the authors get their ideas from myths and stories or from actual historical accounts?

It's thrilling to see a classic character, such as Godzilla, given new life and new stories to tell. I'm hoping that this series will inspire even more creative and interesting projects in the future.

Crazy!
There are a ton of opportunities for comedy, action, and drama when pirates run upon Godzilla. What kind of story Tieri and Miranda have in store for us intrigues me.I can already see myself reading this comic book while wrapped up in bed, savoring the illustrations and getting swept up in the narrative. I'll definitely be adding Here There Be Dragons to my list of books to read.