Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken

So, what am I missing? People are afraid of krakens, but they are good, and they adore mermaids, but they are evil. As a DreamWorks fan, I will watch this. Although this is an intriguing flip, I believe the sea creatures are based on creatures that are similar to them rather than their namesakes. The mermaids appear to be inspired by, well, some mermaids, whereas the krakens appear to be inspired by cecaelias. Krakens, in my opinion, are typically large, aggressive animals.

This is probably a reference to the dispute between Dreamworks and Disney. Dreamworks can produce quality content, despite the misconception that they only produce for profit. This movie portrays Disney (as Ariel) as a covertly ambitious corporation. No company is necessarily bad, in my opinion, but the images in this trailer are too close. I assumed it was based on a book or something because of the title for some reason. It appears to be a Dreamworks invention, though. I think the animation on this is fantastic. This is better than the disastrous Little Mermaid movie that will be released this year. I'm definitely going to see this when it's released.

That mermaid Looks like Ariel, I can see right through you Universal!

Last edited:
Wow, Krakens have always fascinated me, but this film takes it to a whole new level. I'm looking forward to seeing how they portray them as guardians rather than monsters. As someone who enjoys a good twist on traditional mythological creatures, I'm looking forward to seeing how this film portrays mermaids as the true monsters. This film sounds like it will challenge our perceptions of beauty and danger in popular culture, which is extremely important in today's world. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
It's great to see that you're excited about the film and its unique take on mythical creatures. It's always interesting to see how filmmakers can challenge our perceptions and create something new and exciting. I hope you enjoy the film when you get to see it!