ECHOES AHEAD: A Word With 'Echo 8' Scribe Elizabeth H. Vu

Administrator
<p>Actress and filmmaker Maria Tran’s bolstering independent film career is making headway in the festival circuit with the new psychological action drama, Echo 8. Filming took a few years with the film ending up in post-production with trailer footage finally making its debut late last summer, followed by a series of screenings already underway since ramping up local screening efforts last Fall. (My review can be found here.)</p> (read full article...)

Roll for initiative
Really digging reading this interview, it's amazing to hear how Echo 8 came to be a trilogy! I think it's really interesting that you wrote it with bits and pieces of the story being sent to Maria along the way.

Blue Ranger Power
Echo 8 sounds like such an interesting and unique story, I can't wait to see it! I love seeing independent filmmakers making a name for themselves in the festival circuit. Who knows she could be the next big thing. Some of my favorite directors started from unexpected places like making music videos, indie movies, TV commercials and even YouTube videos. We all start from something.

Really excited to see more representation of Asian filmmakers and actors in the film industry, and Maria Tran's work is definitely a step in the right direction. It's important to see diverse stories and perspectives on screen, and I hope more filmmakers from underrepresented communities get the opportunity to tell their stories.I'm always excited to see more representation in the film industry, and Echo 8 sounds like it has a great diverse cast and crew.

I can't believe she wrote your first feature script in Word, that must have been a challenge! Word can be annoying when its trying to spell check words that are not wrong.What screenwriting software do you use now? I've heard of a few different options but I'm curious what works best for you.

I think it's really cool that she were inspired by J.K. Rowling and her world-building skills. The whole world are cancel culturing her right now. It is nice some people still appreciate her talent.I always appreciate when writers are open to casting new actors. It's great to see fresh faces on the screen. it's really cool that Echo 8 was a community-based collaboration. It shows the power of independent filmmaking.

Woohoo! I'm so pumped to learn about what inspired the screenplay for Echo 8! Elizabeth totally nailed it by drawing inspiration from other awesome female assassin movies. I can't wait to see how it all plays out on the big screen!And get this, they shot the whole thing in just three months?! That's amazing! Talk about some serious determination and hard work. It just goes to show that anything is possible when you put your mind to it!

There's Plastic tree
I have a feeling that she decided to write scripts because most people in power in movie industry are discriminatory to POCs. So decided to write movies to put Asian faces in movies.

Official Reviews
Echo 8: Beyond and Echo 8: Five By Five both sound intriguing. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this franchise. Its rare to see indie movies become a franchise.