Might Tron 3 Actually Happen?

Staff member
<p>Disney is starting to talk about Tron 3 again. You may recall we’ve been here before. Whispers of a third Tron have been around since the second movie was released, and thirteen years is a long time to be disappointed. But they think they can get it unto production this time, to the point that they have a shooting date set for late summer.</p>

I am so excited for the next Tron movie. I was disappointed that the 2004 version didn't get sequels despite popularity.

Pio

Although I'd love to see a new Tron film, Disney's management appears to be making some very bizarre financial decisions right now. Though I'd rather watch Joe Kosinski conclude his story, I'd still like to see more Tron. I hope the franchise gets the credit it deserves. In my perspective, far too many TV shows begin with a director whose vision I admire, only to have it altered when a new director is hired. It's encouraging to hear that a script based on Joe's original idea is being developed, but PLEASE keep him involved throughout the process. or, at the very least, make an effort to stick to the original concept.

I enjoyed Tron: Legacy and Tron: Uprising, but I was disappointed when Disney decided to cancel Tron: Ascension, the third film in the series, in order to make room in the studio for live-action remakes of iconic Disney animation films such as The Jungle Book.
Because the plot of Tron: Uprising was so gripping, I'm hoping that Disney will continue the Tron film series with future installments.

Entertainment Enthusiast
There are decades between each film in this series. The first film came out in the 1980s, the second in 2004, and the third in 20. Since seeing and enjoying "Tron: Legacy," I've been looking forward to another film set in the Tron universe.

I've been a fan of Tron since it was released in 1980, and I even played the arcade game back then. As far as I can tell, Mickey is simply aiming to capitalize on the forthcoming opening of its newest Walt Disney World attraction. My view is that there are more factors at work here than just money. As a result of all of this, Tron will once again be in the spotlight, which will benefit merchandise sales and park attendance. They have years of experience increasing profits so they can fund a new movie now. Make it happen!

My best friend and I attended a 3D screening of Tron Legacy shortly after its debut. It is surely worthy of a position in the pantheon of great motion pictures. Certainly one of the nicest things I've ever seen. The fact that no sequel has been created after ten years continues to astound me.

Despite widespread underappreciation, the Tron films offer a highly unique setting in which to thoroughly immerse oneself in the presented stories and mythology. The third installment in a series is superior when viewed after the first two. The original versions of both films are accessible to Disney Plus users.

I'm optimistic about tron3 having more to offer compare to the late series.

There are decades between each film in this series. The first film came out in the 1980s, the second in 2004, and the third in 20. Since seeing and enjoying "Tron: Legacy," I've been looking forward to another film set in the Tron universe.
There is a lot of preliminary work done between each of the three releases, thus there are 24 years between 1980 and 2004 and 16 years between 2004 and 2020.