Key Huy Quan, An inspiring Hollywood comeback story!

Staff member
<p>Ke Huy Quan thought he was so lucky when he was a kid. Steven Spielberg cast him in two big blockbuster movies.Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was the movie that puts him in the map. He was the kid sidekick of Harrison Ford, he played the witty and spunky little boy named Short Round. That movie gave him 15 minutes of fame in the 1980s. He thought his winning streak continues when he got cast in the movie, Goonies. He played the genius inventor Data who have a utility belt that can make Batman jelous. His first two movies are box office hit but he struggled to continue the streak when the offers decline.</p>

cruel, helpful and optimistic.
He has been without an acting role for thirty years, Hollywood has treated him poorly, and seeing him make a comeback after being abandoned by the industry brings tears to my eyes. Imagine if he had been famous for the past 30 years; he could have been as popular as Jacky Chan, especially since he began his career as a child actor. However, Hollywood did not hold this view of Asian actors in the past. Casper Van Dien portrayed the Filipino character Johnny Rico, while Justin Chatwin portrayed the Chinese fairy tale-inspired character Son Goku. Remember when Scarlett Johansson played a Japanese character. Hollywood was so racist towards Asians, especially Asian men. I am grateful to be alive to see someone who resembles me win a major acting award. Now, urge The Academy to make him to win an Oscar.

This is why Keanu Reeves pass as white through out his whole career, He is of Chinese descent but he pass as white to get roles. Enrique Iglesias and Vanessa Hudgens masket themselves as hispanic despite having Filipino mothers. Hollywood have this assumption that Asians cant sell but the success of Shang-Chi proved them wrong.

Entertainment Enthusiast
White girl here, I think he is very handsome for his age and he could have been a superstar if they didnt maltreat him during his teens and young adult years. He just wanted a job and a stable role for 3 decades but no one gave him opportunities for so long. Glad the landscape has change with Hollywood.

I admire that he would have the courage to try his hand at acting again after a thirty-year absence. What a wonderful accomplishment the Asian American community has to be proud of! I've spent a lot of time today on YouTube watching Key Huy Quan's video clips, in which he expresses his happiness and gratitude at having been cast in this role. It's a very stimulating experience to view things from his perspective. He has a youthful curiosity and an air of optimism about him. I'm overjoyed for him and can't wait to see him perform in the near future.

The news that he was successful makes me extremely happy. Since the nominations were made public, I've been crossing my fingers. The Oscars are the upcoming event, and I can't wait! He achieved great success as an actor both as a child and as an adult. Even though his health is in doubt, he still has a chance to lead a successful professional life.

Killer BBB's of Zone
He deserves every bit of love there is, and I can't wait to shower him with hugs and kisses to prove it. You can tell how much it means to him to have won that trophy just by looking at the way he holds it. He appears to have been waiting a very long time for this. One of the highlights of my life was seeing him in Indiana Jones at the theater with my mother, and he has not disappointed us since. My first thought after watching the film for the first time was, "Wow, Spielberg did a fantastic job casting these Asian actors."

Instead of problematic actors like Ezra Miller, Leah Michelle, Charlie Sheen, Scarlett Johansson, and others who are overrated for what they are not, he should be given leading roles. He merits those positions. He is a truly remarkable human being, and no one is more deserving than him. No one else deserves this more than he does. I won't take it for truth. Hollywood would be a much better and more honorable place to work if other actors were even half as wholesome as he is.