The Kids Are Back In Dungeons & Dragons: Saturday Morning Adventures

I remember those conservative parents accusing this show to be too violent for tv. 😅 I mean it is too tame compare to anime and a lot of shows kids watch these days. Oh, how I miss the late 1970s and 1980s, when toys and cartoons encouraged kids to use their imaginations. If it weren't for the cartoon, I wouldn't have known anything about Dungeons & Dragons (D&D). I really liked watching this when I was a kid! I have never played table tops, but I really liked this cartoon and was sad when it ended. I hope this comics will get to live by the essence and spirit of the cartoon. I am more into Anime but I did love this cartoon.

I only knew D&D through videogames, movies and the table top. My dad taught me to play Tabletop RPG D&D because all of his friends outgrew it. So do I need to watch the cartoons before I read these comics?

Let there be peace on earth
It was a Saturday morning show contender for all-time greatness in the 1980s, ranking among the best of all time. This television show hasn't been turned into a full-length movie yet. One of my top five favorites, without a doubt. Every time I hear the show's closing theme song, I can never help but feel a twinge of melancholy and on the verge of tears. I've got a copy of it saved even on my phone. One of the best episodes is the stargazer one, which ranks among my top five favorites. Diana meets the stargazer here for the first time; he or she will later grow to be her true love. I can't quite put my finger on why, but there is something about this episode that really resonates with me. In every way, this cartoon is incredible. Unknown 1980s animation history hero who should be revered as a legend. This might influence my choice to buy comics again. The last time I bought a comicbook is back in the 90s.

This classic cartoon series was my top pick as a child. In comparison to the other adaptations they've made, it's surprising that Hollywood hasn't considered turning this into a film series yet. Fans of the original Dungeons and Dragons series would undoubtedly be saddened to see this adaptation of the game turned into a film series. @toddj82 Thanks for sharing that, I always want to see the ending.

I first learned about Dungeons & Dragons right around the time I turned 10 years old. This cartoon was released when I was 10 years old. Regrettably, the cartoon came to an end before our main characters could return to their hometown. Please explain that in terms that are more familiar to Dungeons & Dragons. The D&D effort was not successful in achieving its objective. As is the case with the vast majority of Dungeons & Dragons games, real life got in the way, and as a result, play was discontinued. I have a lot of faith that the IDW comics will be just as entertaining as the cartoon was for me.

I need to talk to your manager!
I will never forget the episode when Hank became a Blue nosed Baboon. I'm not a gamer, so I've never played any of the D&D tabletop games, but the 1980s animated series was unquestionably one of the best! I enjoyed how the characters interacted with one another, and I thought the acting did an excellent job of capturing the characters' genuine emotions. Who among us could not imagine battling monstrosities armed with such powerful weapons? It's difficult for me to believe that a comic book has been published to continue the previously unfinished story. I am so happy this is real.

Staff member
Dungeons & Dragon is one of my favorite game genres. I also like watching Dungeons & Dragon movies. However, I don't remember any shows from the 80s. (I was not even born back then)

Aspiring Smilemaker
IDW really love 80s franchises and bringing them back to life.