Surprising Facts Revealed About The Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special

Staff member
If you haven’t seen The Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special yet, you need to see it. Now. Drop whatever you’re doing, head to the nearest screen capable of streaming Disney+ and watch this thing. It is glorious. I LOVED IT. I can’t rave enough about it.
But there’s a second reason you should see it and that’s because you can’t read this article without having seen it first, unless you want to be spoiled for a lot of great gags. So watch it and come back and learn a surprising thing or two. James Gunn was on Twitter yesterday answering fan questions about the special, and revealed some things we never thought we’d hear…like Gobots are real. (Hey, I told you to read this afterward! It’s not my fault you didn’t listen to me…)
In one of the early scenes, Mantis and Drax are wandering around Hollywood looking for Kevin Bacon when Drax spots a man near the Chinese Theater dressed like a robot. He immediately goes into a rage and tackles him, and Mantis explains to a bystander that “a...

Continue reading...

Starlord is going through a tough time right now as a direct result of Gamora's death in the Avengers endgame. The idea that Drax and Mantis would kidnap Kevin Bacon to cheer up Quill for Christmas is adorable, hilarious, and spot-on for these characters. I can't wait to see where this goes from here because it's promising. We couldn't have asked for a better way to say goodbye to 2017 than with the Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special.

Star-lord deserve happiness. They couldn't have gotten a better cast for the Christmas episode. Even after everything he's been through, he's managed to pull himself and his team together. When the Guardians arrive, I just know there will be tears and laughter. It's great that Marvel is doing this, and hopefully they'll do more events like this in the future.

Wandavision
Marvel, this is the right direction. Having a good time while telling an entertaining story without resorting to politics, propaganda, or preaching. That's exactly what we're shooting for. Since it was so entertaining and funny without resorting to farce, I watched it twice in a row. Instead of trying to shove jokes down our throats like Thor: Love and Thunder did, this film had genuine emotional moments.

Marvel, this is the right direction. Having a good time while telling an entertaining story without resorting to politics, propaganda, or preaching. That's exactly what we're shooting for. Since it was so entertaining and funny without resorting to farce, I watched it twice in a row. Instead of trying to shove jokes down our throats like Thor: Love and Thunder did, this film had genuine emotional moments.

I am your greatest dream & worst fuggin nightmare
I just watched this in Disney Plus last night and I had a great time, It is something I needed during these tough times.

The Special did not disappoint; in fact, it was more touching and meaningful than I had anticipated. I enjoyed this one-hour program tremendously. Whoa, that's some serious guts right there! Just the funniest thing. Amazing commitment to the audience.

The fact that this "Holiday Special" is actually about Christmas makes it vastly superior to STAR WARS's attempt at the same thing. I think it's great that James Gunn spent some time developing Mantis so that she can contribute more to the team's success. I think it's pretty cool that he did that.

As a whole, I thought this special was brilliant. I think it benefited from the fact that nobody knew what to expect, but also from the fact that it hit a lot of great notes typical of a Christmas film. It felt like Marvel and Hallmark were collaborating on a project in the most positive way. Fantastic holiday program! It was so funny and optimistic, and I just loved it. Oh, and Groot did seem to have a more realistic appearance than usual, especially when Peter petted him on the back at the end of the film.

Watch Me
My mind is still blown than Starlord and Mantis are brother and sister. It took a Holiday special to reveal that.