Anime NYC Announcements From Kodansha Include Miraculous Manga

Staff member
Kodansha USA dumped a boatload of announcements during Anime NYC — over 20 titles they plan to bring to the US in English next year. These include the Western debut of the manga based on Miraculous, that French cartoon about the ladybug girl and the cat boy who flirt all the time yet never actually make a move. (If you’re still waiting for something to happen there, you really should have figured it out by now — it’s a gimmick, they will never get together so give up).
Other offerings include a girl who becomes a fish, a boy who becomes a monkey (though he prefers the term “humanzee”), one of the shortest titles we’ve ever seen on a manga, “ORIGIN” (about a robot who must battle a group of evil robots for control of futuristic Tokyo), and one of the longest titles we’ve  ever seen on a manga, “I’m Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness: I’ll Spoil Her with Delicacies and Style to Make Her the Happiest Woman in the World!” We’d describe what...

Continue reading...

My love is electrifying from above
Miracolous Lady Bug is a French Cartoon and not Anime so I find it weird that they have a Manga. Is this cartoon popular enough in Japan?

Resident of Bandora's Palace
The title of I’m Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness: I’ll Spoil Her with Delicacies and Style to Make Her the Happiest Woman in the World! is quiet mouthful. I notice a trend of Mangas with ridiculously long titles.

Hardcore CLAMP fan
The Magic Knight Rayearth they are publishing is just an old manga. I was hoping for a sequel or reboot. I would like to see a 3rd part but CLAMP is not interested.

Oh the Misery
The Darwin incident creeps me out because it is possible in real life. Chimpanzees and Humans are genetically close. Just like how tigers and Lions can cross because both are cats.