Chris Pratt as Mario a first Look

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Pratt’s debut as  Mario is like a beast that has been unleashed on the first trailer. For years Fans grow up listening to Charles Martinet as Mario’s voice actor. He have a think Italian accent  and has the iconic cartoonish voice. Chris Pratt’s Mario sounded like Chris Pratt  sounded like  Star-Lord and Owen Grady. To make it simple he sounded like Chris Himself. He didn’t try to sound like Charles Martinet because I guess it is Production’s decision.
My speculation is that they Chris Pratt’s distinctive speaking style because he is such a well-known actor. Him trying to Sound like Mario will hide the actor recognition. Despite previous efforts to Cancel Culture him, the fact that he is now a star in multiple movie franchises is evidence that his name is  still well known.
is-the-chris-pratt-mario-movie-g-300x169.jpg
Pratt when he announced he will be playing Mario.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I am not sure who is to blame about this because I had seen Chris Pratt Video on Instagram and he can sound like the Mario he know. I think it is indeed Marketing who did this. They wan't the casuals to recognize it is Chris Prat.

exuberant
He lied, He promised on this video he will work hard to sound like Mario.
People have right to be angry at him and not just the powers there is.

I am really excited! The usage of penguins and the abundance of easter eggs in the background give this game a genuine sense of being built with love for the Super Mario series. I am in love and am eagerly awaiting the release of the movie. I'm pretty impressed by Jack Black's performance as Bowser; I'll give Chris Pratt's performance as Mario a little more time, but aside than that, I adore the animation; it looks burning hot.

Charles Martinet deserves better. He is Mario all his life and they give the to role an actor who cannot give him justice.

Administrator
Staff member
People, Give him a chance, that small trailer doesn't define the whole movie. Casual audiences might get annoyed by the Italian accent so they decided to go with that voice.

Somebody
It's likely that the same authorities who okayed Ugly Sonic also okayed Mario's voice. Identical to how Chris Pratt always sounds, all I can hear is him. This doesn't have a Mario-like tone at all.

6th Ranger
Is it lost on any of you that Nintendo could very well be mocking its fans with this trailer? What you heard was just Pratt's voice, unadorned. Or maybe it was only a test trailer to gauge interest. Now that they have received all of the feedback that is necessary, they may concentrate on improving the areas that have been identified. Who here endured the first Sonic the Hedgehog trailer nightmare? Because of this, the film will have to be postponed or put on hold while they search for the ideal Mario.

Hopchester
What I don't understand is why the original voice actor, Charles Martinet, who deserves this more than anybody to play Mario, wasn't cast in the role of Mario in the first REAL Mario movie.