S

scikaiju

A little early I know but they released a special preview for the show.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
They just have showa monsters in the Warriors of Light timeline. Recycled costumes no less. And the villains are more or less clones of the ones from Final Odyssey. Hype is dead.

So just to be clear, Captain Shark, you're disappointed that it turns out that the show that actively promotes itself as being a remake of Tiga contains villains that are remade versions of ones from Tiga? Honestly, I'm not sure what else you'd expect them to be?

I just watched the first episode and while it hasn't grabbed me as much as Z did there were some parts that I enjoyed. There are people who know who Trigger really is right from the start, which is unusual. I hope they use that a bit. It looks like we'll get the new defense team next week so I'll see what it's like once the real status quo of the show is in place.

D

Dr Kain

Oh my god, that camera work for the fight between Trigger and GolzaMelba was so damn amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
So just to be clear, Captain Shark, you're disappointed that it turns out that the show that actively promotes itself as being a remake of Tiga contains villains that are remade versions of ones from Tiga? Honestly, I'm not sure what else you'd expect them to be?
Wait, Trigger is a remake? I thought it was in the same continuity. I expected a continuation after Dyna (technically after when the Gransphere was attacking Mars in Ultraman Saga but you know what I mean).

Still haven't seen the first episode. I don't know, it feels like keeping up with everything is such a chore now.

S

scikaiju

Well the full title is Ultraman Trigger new generation Tiga. Sort of implies that it's a new version of an old character.

But it was a decent first episode, nothing spectacular but serviceable enough to get things going. But I do like how they're setting up that certain character, trying to stay spoiler free here, seem to know more about what's going on than they should. It should be fun to see how this plays out.

Episode two was OK. I'm still not sure exactly how much his mother knows, but at least we established who on the team knows that he's Trigger, and that having this season's version of the glowey hologram woman be played by the same actor who plays another character is a plot point and not just something they hoped we'd overlook.

The opening theme is really catchy though. 👍
Wait, Trigger is a remake? I thought it was in the same continuity. I expected a continuation after Dyna (technically after when the Gransphere was attacking Mars in Ultraman Saga but you know what I mean).
Well the series' lead director, Koichi Sakomoto, recently insisted in an interview that the show is neither a sequel or a remake, and is simply using Tiga in it's publicity to take advantage of a popular season celebrating it's anniversary.

Then Tiga was briefly shown in a flashback in the first episode. So who knows where we stand? Though my guess is it will be an alternate Tiga rather than the one from his own show, if indeed they even bother showing him again.
Still haven't seen the first episode. I don't know, it feels like keeping up with everything is such a chore now.
Oh I can understand that. I stopped watching Saber when Genm stopped subbing it, and stopped watching Zenkaiger for about six weeks because I completely burned out. Trying to catch up on both now, but taking a break sometimes really helps.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Episode 2 was solid considering it was there to introduce a crap ton of cast members. The camerwork during the fights continue to impress and it was nice seeing a monster I'm not familiar with, though, they really should stick to monsters from the Tiga universe that haven't been seen since Tiga.

The opening theme was good, but is no Take Me Higher. Oh I can't wait to hear that glorious song a million times come Oct when Mill Creek's DVDs come out.

As for continuity, Tiga clearly happened as they talk about him appearing and Reina is Kengo's mother. Makes you wonder if Daigo is his father, which means Daigo better show up later or I'm calling bullshit!!

Why did Gemn stop subbing Saber? Who is doing the subs for it?

S

scikaiju

It was a good episode but if this was a regular 52 episode series this probably would have been a two parter. They jammed in a lot of stuff, new character good and evil, not to mention introducing power type. Also the situation with Akiko, think that's his name, seemingly reached a resolution a little too quickly. Knowing what I know of Tiga's story I wonder if we're going to see "Evil Trigger" at some point. As the link to Tiga, I'm agreeing with opinions I've seen elsewhere the chairman is from Tiga's universe, he knows way too much and acting like he's seen a lot of this before.

On a side note, has anyone else been looking at those audio dramas they been releasing around thr same time as the regular episode? They're not related to Trigger in any wy, like the one last year with Z. They take place early days of Ribut and Sora's in the Galaxy Rescue Force. I only bring it up because they're subbing this batch as well.