The Official Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger News Thread - Promo on the first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but the female Go-on Black costume is amazing. All future female rangers should get Black.

It looks the same to me. The pictures too small to notice the changes. Goseiger pink is also blocking the picture

15ivs11a6a3.jpg

The suit may look slender but that's all I can make out.

btw, look at Blue Swallow, he has a skirt. :O

Gokai blue as Blue Swallow does NOT have a skirt, It's just the design choice for the male costumes for Jetman can kinda give that illusion if the inner legs are obscured by something.

Edit: Or Shougo beats me to it with a fair superior explanation!

Edit:
Gold Samurai said:
It looks the same to me. The pictures too small to notice the changes. Goseiger pink is also blocking the picture

~image snip~

The suit may look slender but that's all I can make out.

Personally, it's how the pose is set up. The Suit Actor really sells it's a girl in the suit with that pose, which out of the ones that shoot out to me with the pink section, probably succeeds the most despite it's the one you can't actually see the skirt with.

Last edited:
One of the Lord's Angels
You're not going to watch Gokaiger just because of the female Go-On Black?

And it's suspcious that GokaiPink doesn't get AbareKiller.

I didn't say I wasn't going to watch the show. I'm saying that I'm at a 50/50 chance of either watching or not watching the show. I'm waiting until after the 2011 US Figure Skating Nationals are over on Saturday night to hopefully get the information I'm looking for to change my mind.

In my opinion, the changing costumes will only work for Gokai-Red and Gokai-Yellow. As for the rest, I really don't know and it's just doesn't seem right to mix up all past rangers.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
In my opinion, the changing costumes will only work for Gokai-Red and Gokai-Yellow. As for the rest, I really don't know and it's just doesn't seem right to mix up all past rangers.

Why GokaiRed? None of the Red costumes change. And it's fun and interesting to see the costumes change.

I would've loved if GokaiRed turned into Spider-Man.

that's too bad, because this is what you'll get considering it's an ANNIVERSARY series. save the bitching until the show premieres, seriously.

One of the Lord's Angels
Why GokaiRed? None of the Red costumes change. And it's fun and interesting to see the costumes change.

I would've loved if GokaiRed turned into Spider-Man.

I only said Red 'cause they all look the same and as for Yellow. Well, let's just say that watching Power Rangers since 1993 made the Sentai Series realize something.

God, I'm running out of things to say tonight.

Nice post!!
I do admit I like the promos for Gokaiger but I just don't like the concept now that I've seen the scans.

I'd give the suits a shot in motion. It may be an idea that's just a lot less weird to you once you're seeing it in context. If you hate it, no loss, there's other things to watch.

I like the costume variations for their own sake, as an exercise in how tweaking a design's silhouette just a little can change its impact completely. The male MagiBlue costume is also one I think looks really good.

Putting a skirt on Big One seems to underscore what a problematic design he was to begin with. The concept is still awesome to me just because it means Pink will get to re-enact all of Big One's swaggering pimp-caned over-powered scene-stealing glory. Pinks don't get to do that much.

Sadly, Pink isn't Big One. It's Yellow. Still, It's a girl who gets to do that. Which is probably more to the point of your comment. Making this one an exercise in futility.

Nice post!!
Hahah, you're right. Yes, that's more the point-- Big One has an over-the-top personality that female Rangers don't get to have very much.

(Now that you mention it, Goukai Yellow also sounds pretty over-the-top herself-- maybe that's why she gets that transformation.)

The new breed.
It being an anniversary show i honestly WANT to like this concept but some suits were just fine the way they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.