Nice post!!
If the Tower had not been destroyed but everything else stayed the same, would it really have impacted the story?

Yes, the plot would've been completely different. Basically everything that happens throughout Goseiger that's interesting is driven by the fact that the Goseiger can't easily get reinforcements from Gosei World and have to deal with things themselves.

I would go so far as to say that the finale episodes airing right now would be totally impossible if the Tower of Heaven hadn't been destroyed in the first episode. More Gosei Angels could arrive to stop Brajil instead of Brajil just steamrolling the only five Angels around.

GoseiKnight, instead of just being a Headder who gets a humanoid form, could be an Angel who ran past the time limit fighting and sealing away the YumaJuu and is thus left to wander Earth permanently.

Gosei Knight not being a Headder would cock up everything interesting the show did with him in the third arc, when the Matrintis appear. There are things you could do to improve Gosei Knight, but he really needs to be a Headder or a lot of Bladerun's behavior through the second and third arcs doesn't make any sense.

(I wonder if they originally intended to have an actor play Knight's alter ego, as he still retained the cell phone, but at the last minute they scrapped it.)

I suspect Gosei Knight was intended to be "just a Headder," but a special one who could take on a human form for interacting with the Goseigers. So then the actor could use the cell phone.

Someone during pre-production probably pointed out that Gosei Knight taking on human form made absolutely no sense for his characterization in the second arc and actively undermined the point of the third arc. So this aspect of him was removed even though the toys had been finalized, resulting in Gosei Knight's amazing nonsense stock footage.

And personally, I would have eliminated the cards. The whole idea of angels needing arcade cards to do things just doesn't seem right.

The cards are clearly just a token inclusion driven by Dice-Oh. If not for Dice-Oh, I'm sure the Goseigers would just have magical powers relating to their elements, probably executed in a fashion similar to Magiranger. The cards are used to speed up some things that would otherwise need to be exposited in the third arc, but otherwise never really have any function in the story.

OOO for me is a good series so far. Just like W or other series most likely, around this point it is somewhat boring because it is still building it's story. But eventually at ep25., it will get more exciting.

At first I found W a bit boring. But when it reached the point where it has to tell stories from past that affected the present, I became more and more into it. And after the series ended, it's a :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: for me.

Just give OOO a chance to prove to you it's worth.:)

I agree with the sentiment that of I don't hate OOO but I don't love it either. At the moment it just seems like the show is going to an episode by episode basis and that they haven't revealed the biggest part of the story, there is still some surprise to be revealed. I'm waiting for that big story punch and actual conflict to begin. If they follow through with what the grasshopper yummy says in the first episode about Eiji regretting his use of the OOO there is potential there for there is be great character conflict and the introduction of some actual real drama or even darkness into the show. It probably won't happen but I would still like to know what's going to happen in the end.

Trust No One
Kivat, I personally think that the shows gotten better, plot-wise, after Mezool/Gamel were taken out of the picture.

I liked them. >>

Really, the show start getting better when Kaz comes back from his short absence and riles up massive ****.

Its funny the comedy is what I love most about ooo's :) I also think the topic title is cute very funny :D

二番目の翻訳者
The title does suggest that the show is overrated beyond infinity. I think that's a little harsh, Kivat. :nono2:

Some kind of Beast mode
The title does suggest that the show is overrated beyond infinity. I think that's a little harsh, Kivat. :nono2:

lol Naaaaah, not beyond infinity..It's a light overrated. :p

At least give me clever credit...lol